First Hillary 2012 Ad Appears

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
The first Hillary 2012 ad has appeared, financed by a Chicago dentist, airing in New Orleans, Washington, New York and Los Angeles.
We've still got two months left until the 2010 midterm elections, but we now have our first television commercial of the 2012 presidential campaign. And the ad advocates for a person who says she has no intention of running for the White House.

"She has more experience working in and with the White House than most living presidents. She is one of the most admired women in our nation's history. Let's make sure the president we should have elected in 2008 will be on the ballot in 2012. Hillary 2012: Hillary Clinton for President. Start now. Where there's a Hill there's a way," says an ad that began running on television in New Orleans Wednesday.
Should Hillary take the Sherman Pledge for party unity's sake, or should she bide her time for now?
The term derives from the Sherman pledge, a remark made by American Civil War General William Tecumseh Sherman when he was being considered as a possible Republican candidate for the presidential election of 1884. He declined, saying, "I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected." Thirteen years prior, he had similarly asserted, "I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for President; that if nominated by either party, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should decline to serve." These statements are often abbreviated as "If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve."

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm.

I'm sure there are those who are still heartbroken that she lost. I'll be frank I was/am a supporter.

That being said I dont think she will run in 2012. That would split the party. Would she do that?

I can't see her doing it, personally. However I can see her riding out the economic disaster we have now and in the following election go for it.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Right now, I don't think she is going to run, but I also don't think that she has ruled it out. I imagine she will have to go one way or the other within six months after November.

To run, she not only would have to run against Obama in the Primary and win, but also survive those that might feel she betrayed her own party by doing so. There are a lot of Obama loyalists out there. They won't forgive her for running against him, let alone winning the primary. Those people might vote republican or stay home out of spite.

If she does run, she would need to win or I imagine her political career would be over.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... she'd never run against Obama and he's sure to be running in 2012. Useless ad as such. 2016 is another matter.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
If I was going to bet right now on the 2012 Presidential race I think I'd bet against a Democrat no matter who it is.

What was her husband's slogan again??? Ahem...

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
If she ran, it would divide the party for sure, as that primary would get pretty nasty. This would most likely let republicans walk right into the White House. So I don't see it happening. As things stand right now, Dems are in for a fight either way.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine her running, given the sexism in this country. I was amazed that she survived the last campaign to become Secretary of State. . . .

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine her running, given the sexism in this country. I was amazed that she survived the last campaign to become Secretary of State. . . .

She'll run again. I'm sure of it. I just dont think it will be in the next election.

I also agree that any Dem has an uphill fight.