PDA

View Full Version : I need a beta/motivator/assistant!

quagsire440
09-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I am about to begin a novel for adults, something I've always wanted to do, yet have always been intimidated by. I would like someone to be my "assistant" throughout my writing the novel - help me refine my idea, beta read, and give me deadlines. I would give credit, of course, and hopefully I'll be able to return the favor!

If we could talk over an instant messenger, that's wonderful. Email will also work.

Thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated. If you are willing to help me, please don't hesitate to contact me.

alleycat
09-02-2010, 01:05 PM
You might want to describe what you're writing in a little more detail. Someone might be willing to do this for a romance novel, but not if it's dark urban fantasy or erotica. Just an example.

Still, it's going to be hard to find someone to volunteer out of the blue. Most people who have been around any length of time have learned just how much time and effort can go into being a good beta reader and mentor. It would probably be better to get to know people and make friends with a few that write in the genre you're writing. Then you might be able to find someone to work with you, who you are compatible with, and who you can perhaps help in return in some way.

You might also think about taking an online class. This might help you in several ways, such as refining your idea and giving you some deadlines to meet.