A Happy Occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night we attended the Civil Union Reception of our two newest best friends, Jacquie and Jenn (who we met in Jamaica, but live five minutes from). Though I am furious over the fact that it couldn't be a marriage, I was so happy at the love there. Most of Jenn's family have died in recent years, so they can be excused from inattendance, I believe; but Jacquie's very large, wealthy, and extremely Catholic family showed them so much love. I couldn't help but beam when the customary silverware tapping on glasses resulted in an extremely passionate kiss and everyone applauded with loving enthusiasm. I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

Also, best cake and ice cream, ever.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I have aspirations of the first lesbian wedding in Australia, on stage in front of my favourite band, filmed, and proceeds going to QLTBAG charities.

What? It could happen!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Also, that sounds like a very nice evening. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

ETA: Last wedding I went to I got absolutely hammered. Looking forward to someone else I know getting married... if only the people I knew were actually engaged, it'd make the wait that much more tolerable... :)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Glad everyone had a great time, Diana. It's so wonderful when family is accepting--it gives the marriage a much better chance of surviving and thriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.