PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movie Wrap-Up

ceenindee
09-01-2010, 04:58 AM
So what did you all think if this year's batch of summer movies? Particularly good or bad? Anything that surprised you?

I know I expected Toy Story 3 to do well, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to break all the records that it did. I think it just passed up The Dark Knight for worldwide income.

On the other hand, I didn't think The Last Airbender would crack the top ten, as much as everyone seemed to hate it (never got to see it, myself).

I also wasn't expecting Despicable Me or The Karate Kid or Inception to be as good as they were (I went back for thirds on that last one...) For a season that started off as slow as it did, I think 2010 did pretty well.

Anyways, my two cents. Here's the breakdown of the winners, according to Box Office Mojo.

1. Toy Story 3
2. Iron Man 2
3. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
4. Inception
5. Shrek Forever After
6. Despicable Me
7. Grown Ups
8. The Last Airbender
9. Salt
10. Robin Hood

YukonMike
09-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Inception was the best film of the summer for me.

I'm still thinking about the film -- maybe I should see it three times as well. There's so many questions and theories. I need a second viewing to look for some clues I missed the first time.

One of the wrost? The Expendables. I didn't really like those cheap action films in the 1980s, but I thought with a big budget and an all-star cast that the film had potential. Nope -- it was really bad. Boring action, lame cliches, etc...

KTC
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
My personal TOP 5:

1. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World
2. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World
3. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World
4. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World
5. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

ceenindee
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
^That good? :D I still haven't seen it yet. Maybe I'll try while it's still in theaters.

KTC
09-01-2010, 05:18 PM
You should. It's SO worth seeing. I saw it twice now. (-;

Diana Hignutt
09-01-2010, 07:22 PM
My summer movie faves:

1) Inception. As of Monday nite, saw it three times.
2) Scott Pilgrim VS the world
3) Iron Man 2

My summer DVD fave:

Kick-Ass, no competition.

rifferaff
09-01-2010, 08:28 PM
My faves:
1. Scott Pilgrim (I wish this had done so much better at the box office)
2. Inception
3. Please Give

defcon6000
09-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Is it bad that I've only seen Shrek Forever After and Despicable Me? :D

I meant to go see Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, but I don't think it's in theaters anymore. :(