Lippman sells more e than hard backs

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the VP who said:

What we’re seeing now is that if a book gets a good review, it gets a faster lift on the digital side than it does on the physical side because people who have e-readers can buy and read it immediately.”

Is dead right. I buy a lot of impulse books from reviewers I trust.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Is it really big surprise that e books would outsell hardcovers? For example, at Chapters I glanced at the latest Sookie book by Charlaine Harris. It was priced at 27 bucks. Who can afford those prices? I know I can't.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Is it really big surprise that e books would outsell hardcovers? For example, at Chapters I glanced at the latest Sookie book by Charlaine Harris. It was priced at 27 bucks. Who can afford those prices? I know I can't.

The Kindle edition of Laura Lippman's new book is about the same price as the hardcover.

ETA: I checked Amazon for Charlaine Harris, nearly the same price, too.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The Kindle edition of Laura Lippman's new book is about the same price as the hardcover.

ETA: I checked Amazon for Charlaine Harris, nearly the same price, too.

Really? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L202JS/?tag=absolutewritedm-20 $10.17 for the kindle version here. That's far from 27 bucks that it was priced at Chapters. It's cheaper on Amazon, but 5-6 bucks is still a big difference to me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VIWNOY/?tag=absolutewritedm-20 The kindle version is $9.99. And 15.19 for the hardcover.

That's not near the same price.

Last edited: