FINALLY! A full request!!

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
For the last few months, I've been trying without success to get anything but a form reject.

I had the squirrels comment on my query letter, and even changed the title to try for more shelf appeal, which the squirrels applauded.

I'd take anything at this point that might give me a suggestion or a comment. So far, nothing. I was beginning to get a bit dejected, not knowing if it was something about the story itself, or the wording of the query.

Last night, I finally began broadening my group agents on Query Tracker to see if I'd been aiming wrong. I started looking at commercial fiction folks in addition to the historical and the mystery folks. Sent out two more queries.

This morning, I had a request for my very first full! So maybe my query didn't need any more work; it just hadn't hit the right agent yet. I'm trying not to hyperventilate. I know, it could still get rejected very easily. But this is the shot in the arm I really needed. :D

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
congrats 'n way2go, Hip. Think paper bag if ya need some air. :D That's super and hope it's a home run. Calls for :Cake:S! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the milestone! Here's to hoping this is the only full request you need.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and well done for not locking yourself into one spot and for not giving up. Best wishes to you.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats mate. Now KEEP AT IT. When I got serious about querying, I queried 150 agents in one sitting. xP Other peeps like a more tactical approach, where they send out platoon after platoon of queries. But two at a time will take forever!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, you!!!! That's great news!!! Keep us posted!

(Here's some more exclamation marks I found lying around... help yourself...)

!!!!!

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats mate. Now KEEP AT IT. When I got serious about querying, I queried 150 agents in one sitting. xP Other peeps like a more tactical approach, where they send out platoon after platoon of queries. But two at a time will take forever!

Thanks! Actually, I do the two at a time thing, more to see if the query is working than it taking forever. And i don't want to spend all my time querying, I want to spend it writing and trying to polish things. I've got time.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough, but two at a time is a very small sample size. I'd go 5-10 if I were you. But ultimately, it's your call. And the time you'll spend on queries remains the same - the difference is, the fewer you send out at once, the more you stretch that time out. Anyway, best of luck!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! Congrats! Hope it turns out well. Rootin' for ya. :hooray: