What was the first thing you ever wrote? (I just found mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHavoc

Registered
Reaction score
I must have wrote this about 11 years ago when I was about 15. I stumbled across it in an old folder that seams to have survived backup after backup over the years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many days have passed since I left my home, or perhaps I should say my prison. Since then I have tried to forget the terrors I have seen and ignore the horrific nightmare that have plagued my every waking moment. Something dark resides inside me now. I can feel it, flowing through my veins and behind my eyes. It seems to watch me in some unearthly way. It guides me and, in my “weaker” moments, it tries to control me. I know that if I don’t suppress this darkness it would consume what little remains of my soul. I never sleep for I fear to close my eyes, because when I do I see flashes of light, images of what I once was and hope to never be again, images that terrorize me. I travel by night, waiting for daytimes that never come, a sun that never rises, or a sky; a sky that I haven’t seen through the clouds for what seems like an eternity past. Something continues to drive me forward, perhaps what is left of my humanity. But I cannot be sure. That word “Humanity” is just that to me, a word. If any of it were still within me I would never know it. I have forgotten what it was like to ever just be a man. I long for death, but taking my own life would be like the acts of a coward who runs from his fears instead of facing them, and many would agree, including myself, that death is not a sufficient punishment for the crimes I’ve committed. There is something else, something that seems to break through that dark place, assuring me that with all the pain I have inflicted, all the suffering I have caused and all the torture I have born witness to, hell will be my heaven.

- A Devils Monologue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is completely unedited from what I wrote all those years ago, and it brought back a flood of memories of being a teenager.

What was the first thing you ever wrote?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a story about flamingos.

Pretty sure it got tossed out, accidently. Before I was done.

whimsical rabbit

Bunned
Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact thing, but it went something like this:

My favourite animal

"My favourite animal is the sheep. I like the sheep because it eats grass, and doesn't hurt anybody, and goes around minding its own business."

I wrote that in first grade. :D

ETA: Your passage is beautiful by the way.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Hawaiian Bob.

He didn't want to clean his room, so he made the junk into a rocket ship and flew it all to the moon.

I was 5, a packrat, and had learned to spell "Hawaiian"; it called for a celebration.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a book in like second grade about a bunny who had to get ingredients for soup. I just found and fixed it up a little. I was thinking about trying to publish it

:/

arcane

a matter of time
Registered
Reaction score
The first story I ever wrote that wasn't for school was one about an alligator. I got frustrated by it because my handwriting wasn't very good, so I think I threw it away. Probably shouldn't have done that. Hah.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I was 4 or 5, I believe. It was "The Morr Then One Storee Book."

It was a hardbound blue blank journal that I filled with mostly lame re-tellings of my favorite movies, like Jaws, Godzilla, etc., in addition to some re-tellings of Zuni fairy tales. All written and illustrated in crayon. About one sentence per page, for a few hundred pages, all numbered by moi.

It even had a table of contents.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
I was 4 or 5, I believe. It was "The Morr Then One Storee Book."

It was a hardbound blue blank journal that I filled with mostly lame re-tellings of my favorite movies, like Jaws, Godzilla, etc., in addition to some re-tellings of Zuni fairy tales. All written and illustrated in crayon. About one sentence per page, for a few hundred pages, all numbered by moi.

It even had a table of contents.

That's pretty rad.

I'm going to have to think about the question for a minute . . . nope, I have no idea what the FIRST thing I ever wrote was. But I have plenty of little illustrated stories from my very, very young days. Off the top of my head I recall one about a mermaid who got caught in a fisherman's net (I think . . . it's kind of hard to discern the writing/drawings), one about a snow leopard who hated the winter, one about a girl ordering a pet cat out of a catalogue and waiting for it to arrive in the mail. But best of all was the one about my father, who was a fire fighter---a big scary dragon appeared at work and "burnt them to a crisp!" Luckily they survived and sprayed water on the beast, which defeated it. :D

Kateness

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kateness.wordpress.com
I was 7. I wrote a story about an apple who ran away from his apple tree because he wanted to see the world.

And then he got run over by a bus.

All the other apples were very, very sad.

It pops up around the house now and again, and the next time I lay hands on it, I'm going to scan it so it doesn't get lost forever.

Kenra Daniels

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenradaniels.com
I was about 7, wrote a 28 page 'western' called 'The Strawberry Roan'. I was a little horse nut and had just learned about that color, lol.

It was lost during our last trans-Atlantic move, along with a ton of short stories, articles, and my first two novels. Some other military family apparently got the box.
DL

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Bottom-right hand side of the map. Tucked away dow
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com
I wrote a story about a scary HUGE hen which lived on my parents' small-holding. She was called "Big Mama Betty" (in reality as well as my story). In my story, BMB hatched a bull from her ginormous egg. The farmer came over to look at said bull, and got a swift kick from the beastie.

That is pretty much the saga in it's entirety. I got a gold star :D

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
A short story about Robert E. Lee at Appomattox, fifth grade.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote radio commercials for my school beginning in first grade, but I don't remember them. I have nothing from my younger days except a diary from middle school because my parents divorced and moved so much that it was impossible to keep anything. But a friend I recently reconnected with on Facebook sent me this. It's a poem I wrote in fifth grade that was published in the local newspaper. Pull out the tissues. It's so deep and touching. :roll:

TV shows are great
Some of love and some of hate
some over exagerate,
but not too much for me.
Some are funny,
Some are sad,
Others can make you very mad,
But I love to watch TV

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
I wrote a Nancy Drew clone in sixth grade ... all 10,000+ words of it. Did use some of the ideas for a short story that I sold as an adult in the 70s.

Lost my A. L. Merritt clone ... with a titian-haired, green-eyed heroine. I think that may be for the best.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First thing seemed to be a book about the Ninja Turtles and how super awesome they are. :D First original thing was a book I wrote and illustrated that was a third or fourth grade assignment. Mine was about how Christopher Columbus had a really annoying talking sentient compass, which really deserved all the glory re: "discovering" America, because it had done all the hard work.

Isabel Night

Registered
Reaction score
The first thing I remember writing was an old Ronin Warriors fan fiction on ff.net. I was proud of it at the time, but now that I go back and look at it, I see a piece of badly written work dedicated and inspired by a trip to Hawai'i.

Yes, that's how the name is offically spelled on legal documents in the state, Hawai'i. How was got Hawaii, I still don't know. :Shrug:

Ms Hollands

Cow lover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lefrancophoney.com
No idea what my first piece was, but I did find a lovely story about marrying my older brother's best friend and I had even drawn a picture of our little boy on a trike.

Better still was the autobiography: "I have two brothers, a dog and a cat. Dad is okay, but I don't like the rest."

I didn't even mention my poor old mum!

Status
Not open for further replies.