Unexpected ARCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickyFiction

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
Recently, my niece found an ARC of Jonathan Safran Foer's EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED at a small-town Goodwill. The letter of introduction was still folded up inside. I couldn't believe it at first, but there it was. How often does this happen? Has anyone here found a surprising ARC floating around?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ARCs aren't exactly precious items after the book comes out. My mom used to be a bookseller at Barnes + Noble and they got loads of ARCs to share around, many of which she kept.

TrickyFiction

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
ARCs aren't exactly precious items after the book comes out. My mom used to be a bookseller at Barnes + Noble and they got loads of ARCs to share around, many of which she kept.

I see. I thought it was kind of cool finding one in the middle of nowhere like that, especially a book that's been around long enough to become a feature film. It didn't even appear to have been read, which I suppose happens often enough. Still, it made me smile seeing the letter inside and all. It reminded me that everyone's got to start somewhere.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
It is cool that she found an old one in good condition. They are around and it's okay to share them, but they aren't supposed to be sold. One of my ARCs was up on Ebay and my editor contacted them to take it down. A local bookseller here puts their ARCs out in a cart for people to take for free. I think that's great.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
*Googles ARC and comes up with American River College, The Arc of the United States, ARC is the premier financial transaction processing and settlement corporation that facilitates the distribution of travel products and related information, the ARC of Greater Milwaukee, Art Renewal Center...*

Hmm. Nothing to do with writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.