• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta for YA Contemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiaR

Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
niaraie.livejournal.com
Hi, I'm looking for someone to swap WIPs with. I'd prefer someone who also writes contemp YA or at least is a devout reader of it. My writing is character driven with crossover commercial appeal.
I'm looking to trade chapters at a time, if anyone is interested. Thanks.

SarahB

lover of stroopwafels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahblackstock.blogspot.com
I was just popping into this area to ask for fellow Contemporary YA writers & here you are! I'm up for swapping a little at a time. I read lots of Contemp YA, and, so far, it's practically all I write.

My plan (when coming to make my own post looking for a CP) was to say we should swap the first 20 pages or 2 chapters (or whatever) & see if we're a good fit. If not, no hard feelings.

Want to give it a go?

juliatheswede

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I would be interested in swapping. My YA contemporary (realistic), 65,000 words, has already gone through a couple of betas, so it's in a very polished stage. My aim is definitely commercial. I really need a couple of fresh eyes to read for flow and commerciability (that's a word, right?). So shall we swap a couple of chapters to see if we're a good fit like Sara above suggests? Will pm too.

Status
Not open for further replies.