Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinister

Registered
Reaction score
Just wonderin if anyone tuned in to supernatural a couple nights ago. i though it was a great show and a great idea for a miniseries. an encore airs tonight. i very into hauntings and such and the show seems to be tackling popular hauntings. the dialogue was a bit corny but the effects were great for a wb show. anyhow, i would love to see what others think of it.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
i missed it, but boy would i love to be a writer for it. watching the commercials for it, it didn't generate much excitement for me. then again, i can't say how boring i find 'ghosthunters,' which i thought would be a great show.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I watched it. I thought it was pretty interesting. Though I have to say I've never heard of using silver bullets against a ghost before. The effects are pretty good as well as the story line. I'm interested in what is in store for this series.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
caught the last forty minutes of this last night, about shape-shifters. i think i'll pass on most of the series unless there's one about pirates. does WB stand for weenie bohunks? puke. when stud-muffin B had to explain to blonde chick-on-a-stick A what a shape-shifter was, it really strained things for me. i don't know, it was just pretty predictable, i thought. have to watch another episode, though, just to be fair. it's just not geared for people like me, i think. fairly good f/x, however: everything else felt contrived.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the second episode, which was about an immortal cannibal type being living in the woods. There were a few things left unexplained, or that didn't mesh with the initial explanations at the beginning of the show. (for instance, why did people disappear only every seven years, yet later it was explained that the creature would hibernate each winter and store their vicitms alive until needed for food, what did they do the other six years.?.blah blah..) I also thought the show seemed written to exploit the masculinity of the actors and that their characters weren't developed well, although they were nice to look at. The whole thing seemed about sensationalism and held little genuine substance and left me very unsatisfied.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
I missed this show, too. Anyone care to make a list of shows, nights and times. ;)

Just kidding. I'm going to go through the TV Guide and write them down. That way I can tape them on my TV upstairs while Mom is watching her game shows downstairs.

I really wanted to see all these new shows from the beginning. I'm disappointed I missed the first segment.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
i think it's typical WB casting-- young, beautiful people in situations perhaps best suited for adults. not WB's demographic, though, i think, which is okay up til they have a good idea then squander it by sticking to the normal gameplan. imagine CSI in the WB's hand. yikes.

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I watched about 1/2 of one of the shows last month. I thought it was about the worst thing I had ever seen. Bad show - bad, bad show.

Status
Not open for further replies.