• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Special Beta Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.R.

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to have a beta reader take a look at my novel. I'm a notorious adder to-er, so a deleter would be super. I don't need a line by line though. I'm really just looking for an opinion. I'd be happy to consider a swap.

The Genre is horror and humor. Word count is just shy 100,000 words. Plot:

Carly got pregnant at age fourteen. Now she’s nineteen with a four-year old son. She never graduated from high school and hasn’t been able to get her GED. She works nights at The Three C’s washing dishes. When the ends don’t meet up, she gets money from her stepfather. He is Tyler’s daddy. She wishes she could just leave Holler Forty, but without a diploma she’s stuck. Carly needs a miracle.

The miracle comes in the form of 1979 hearse. To Carly it’s more than transportation. She is certain she can make a business out of it. But the hearse is hungry. Everywhere it goes accidents happen and people die. The police begin to suspect that Carly because she’s always nearby. Carly herself knows something’s wrong but she’s pinned her and her son’s future on that hearse. She denies the truth until she finds herself on the wrong end of a manhunt and running from her mostly dead neighbor who the hearse tried to eat. Faced with jail and death, Carly decides to go on the run. But the hearse has plans of its own for Carly.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
It's written in first person present tense. I know this is not everybody's cup of tea hence the request for a special Beta reader. Here is a link to the first chapter.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.