• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seattle-area Crit Circle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
I'm curious if anyone knows of any good beta/crit groups in the Seattle area. I'm hoping to find one that meets both online and offline. I think in-person discussion about a story can be valuable, but sometimes online can be the quicker way to get through a big blob of beta-reading. Even if most of the critting happens online, having the option to meet in person over coffee as a group every so often would be valuable.

I do belong to an offline-only group already, but it meets at most once every two weeks and you can only have one chapter of a longer work in the crit-pile at a time. Which is great to ensure everyone in the group gets a turn, but can make going through a whole novel slow-going! (Probably why the best successes with critting in that group have been with short stories or novellas.)

If there isn't such a thing already, I may end up starting one down the road. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.