Death Threats and Police Protection for Woman who Tosses Cat in Bin

R.M. Watts

dead account
Registered
Reaction score
Not to sound like I'm supporting animal cruelty or anything, but it's just a cat. Even if she did throw a cat in the trash, it doesn't really warrant any threats like the kind she's getting. Can't really compare a cat and a human. (I don't mean to offend any animal lovers here.) Yes, a cat has emotions, most animals do. Was it wrong of the woman to put the cat in the trash? Of course. Should she be punished? Probably. Does it warrant threats to the woman's well-being? Imo, no. She'll get what's coming to her eventually.

Last edited:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you really can't compare cats (or dogs) and humans.

There are humans who have earned treatment like that cat got.

People who mistreat defenseless animals are lower than the animals they mistreat, IMO.

NoGuessing

Buzz
Registered
Reaction score
I can see what the above two are saying, but tbh, I value the life and well being of my horses over those of many people I know. If she were transplanted into a human body, she'd be better than most.

But then again, I'm an anti-social ****. But still, people who toss cats in bins for shits and giggles deserve the same.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
People who mistreat defenseless animals are lower than the animals they mistreat, IMO.
Much, much lower. I don't know what the punishment for animal cruelty is in England, but I seriously hope this woman gets jail time. Also, maybe the death threats that she's recieving, will make others think twice about how they treat animals.

Reaction score
Yes, because chucking a bloody cat in the bin is worthy of death threats. :rolleyes:

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
"She absolutely adores cats, she's an animal lover, it just doesn't make sense."

Yeah right. An animal lover would not do that.

I'm not a cat person, but this was just horrible to see. This woman should be punished, but I agree, death threats are a little harsh.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
"She absolutely adores cats, she's an animal lover, it just doesn't make sense."

Yeah right. An animal lover would not do that.

I'm not a cat person, but this was just horrible to see. This woman should be punished, but I agree, death threats are a little harsh.

Yup, cause this is what a cat lover would do...:tongue Gotta love the defense when caught on video.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you really can't compare cats (or dogs) and humans.

There are humans who have earned treatment like that cat got.

This.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, a cat's stupid just for standing there being friendly.. Geez! Good thing it isn't a long haired cat.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
So it's ok to throw one into a bin?

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
And it looks like, the joke is on her.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Keep in mind that a cat left in a bin, in an area with automatic bin lifts that go with that kind of bin, is going to die by slow crushing.

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
She threw it in there because she, "Thought it would be funny."
It was.

From the description, I thought she had taken the cat and thrown it forcefully into one of those big metal dumpsters. Then they show the video and she just lightly dropped it in to the bin, a bin which most ordinary cats can climb in and out of at will looking for food.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Yet she looked around before doing it... Because she knew it was wrong to start with.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a cat left in a bin, in an area with automatic bin lifts that go with that kind of bin, is going to due by slow crushing.

Indeed. Bins like that have smooth walls, and the lids are heavier than they look. Without a lid, maybe the cat could scrabble out, but as it was the thing could've been crushed to death. Or it could've been dropped onto something sharp that was already in there and bled to death.