PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few friendly ears(eyes?)

dragonangel517
08-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I posted several days ago asking for a writing partner, but after thinking about it, I have decided I would rather have a few people I could bounce ideas off of, and they could make suggestions as to what they would like to see story line wise. I have been thinking a lot about what I already have written-its atrocious-and I totally need to rework the plot.

To be clear, this will be online serial fiction, not a book. I have already created an account on blogspot, and I already post on Open Salon. The story line will evolve over time,kind of like a soap opera, and this is a long term project for me. I found several serial fiction sites that have been running for over two years and are still going strong, so I am encouraged.

The plot? Think of it as Survivor mixed with sword and sorcery, with lots of romance. A group of omnipotent aliens, who feed off of emotional energy, set up a survivor type Game on a planet almost identical to Earth, and recruit players. But the natives of this planet put restrictions on the aliens, and a group of magic wielders hijack the Game for their on purposes. Lots of melodrama and intricate sub plots. Right now, I am having trouble with the over all tone, I want it to be a bit grittier. This is my first attempt at anything like this, but I am determined to see it through.

The main fantasy elements will be dragons and unicorns(not the cute ones little girls like) with a few minor Vampires(very minor). Later on a demon race I call Demonii( not evil minions of Satan) will play a large roll, but that is very far in the future. An Elf like race(haven't worked out a name yet, may just use the tried and true Fae) will figure prominently also. There is a tie between Gaia(Earth) and Tellus,which is in another galaxy, so I think I can get away with already established fantasy terms. Of course there will be magic. I don't intend to use lots of bad language, but this will be very adult in theme, so there will be explicit and frank exchanges at times.

Have I piqued your interest yet? If I have and you would like to help me out and listen to my crazy ideas, or suggest your own crazy ideas, PM me. I anticipate problems ahead when I have to write a fight scene, so if this is your area of expertise and are willing to advise me please let me know. I will return the favor however you need me to, be it beta your project or just let you bounce ideas off me. Also, if you would be willing to answer some general likes and dislike questions, please PM me also.

Thanks Everyone