PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Espionage/Thriller Needs Beta Reader

oceanarcher
08-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Vicarious is chick-lit on steroids married to guy-spy thriller on Midol. The result is PMS meets AK47 where barbs fly faster than bullets from a husband-wife writing team. She provides the margaritas and marshmallows; he brings the guns and beer.

Avery Bonelli was an investigative journalist with Pulitzer ambitions until ex-CIA operative Logan Nash destroyed her credibility and made her Chiquita non grata in the journalism world. Two years later, he wants her to remove a bullet from his shoulder in exchange for a scoop that can get her out of tabloid blogging and back in the big leagues. All she has to do is not call the cops … and stay alive.

When an international terrorist escapes justice on a technicality, the country wants blood. Avery just wants the exclusive … and Logan has it. He also has ulterior motives, a familiar hazard when fraternizing with the Y chromosome. But having just broken off an engagement, Avery has no interest in Logan’s pecs … or his 21st digit.

But you can’t go cold-turkey on men. Not when Ben & Jerry are calling your name for a ménage-a-trois from the frozen foods aisle.

Avery is about to uncover the truth behind the terrorist trial, which threatens a political conspiracy that snakes from the FBI to the White House. Assassins are gunning for her, but the only guns she carries are a pair of 34Bs in a Victoria’s Secret holster. She and her chest arsenal turn to Logan for help, the only man with a bigger gun than the ones being aimed at her. They break into a military virology facility and steal top-secret research. They run for their lives; they drown, they die, and they live in each others’ arms. The body count is on the rise, and all the evidence points to the man she loves. Caught between a cunning terrorist and an ex-CIA operative, Avery will have to trust her life to the man who just might want her dead.

B.Y.O.B. or your margaritas and join the 131,000-word Vicarious party.

If interested, please contact us via email or PM. Just to be upfront, we don't have time to recip, so if this sounds interesting enough to you and you want to read it out of the kindness of your heart, we welcome your participation. Thanks!!! :D

Rachel Belrose
08-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Umm...this. Sounds. Amazing.

What do you want from a beta reader? If I feel that I can in any way contribute to your awesomeness, then I'll humbly offer my services. But your level of awesome might far surpass my own, and I may be worthless, lol.

Seriously, though. I want to read this.

oceanarcher
08-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your interest. What we're looking for is just to share our creative process with as many people as possible. If you'd like to just read and enjoy and not offer any suggestions in the process, don't feel bad: we've accomplished our goal of sharing our work with a fan. However, from our experience with workshopping our writing, every reader has something to bring to the table. Whether it's typos, grammar, POV, structure, plot holes--anything; seasoned writer or recreational reader, the diversity of the audience always brings unique perspectives and feedback.

I will contact you via PM.

Thanks again for showing interest.

Ocean Archer

oceanarcher
08-23-2010, 07:24 AM
By the way, I just read your bio here. It's interesting that the MC for Vicarious matches your ethnicity. :)

Rachel Belrose
08-23-2010, 07:31 AM
I'm in. If you need me.

I've taken a couple creative writing classes in college (didn't get credit for it the second go around, but I loved the class so much I didn't care), so I'm familiar with workshopping. And I can definitely give you my opinion as a reader.

Let me know if I can help.

Rachel

Rachel Belrose
08-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Haha! You couldn't tell it, though. Probably cause my mom married a guy who could pass as Swedish.

Genetics. BLAH.