PDA

View Full Version : Beta/Critique Partner Familiar with the Deaf/Deaf Culture?

Rachel Belrose
08-23-2010, 06:51 AM
I know I just recently posted a request, and I got some responses that I think are going to work out fabulously. But it occurred to me that I might need more than one set of eyes for a particular WIP.

My Women's Fiction or Chick Lit or whatever it is novel is focused around a Deaf woman; she's involved in both hearing and Deaf culture, so I have to try my hardest to represent both worlds accurately and respectfully.

What are the odds anyone is familiar with this kind of thing...and would be willing to give it a read through as my story progresses? I'm pretty familiar myself but just what I've learned from books, and not much about a Deaf individual who's first language is ASL but also utilizes speech.

Slim chance perhaps, but I thought I'd give it a try.

If anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to comment or PM me and I can give you more details. I wouldn't ask you to a WIP that doesn't interest you.

Thanks again.

Rachel

This position has been filled. Gracias.

Chase
08-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Rachel,

I e-mailed you. The ether being so iffy, please PM me here at AW if you don't get it.

I'm deaf, as are two other family members. My older sister has been deaf since birth, so I learned ASL as a toddler. More importantly, the protagonist in my novel-in-progress is deaf.

Chase