PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Honest, Critical Beta Reader for MG Urban Fantasy

jjacobs
08-22-2010, 06:47 AM
I'm looking for someone with a critical eye for plot, characters, and readibility to beta read my MG urban fantasy. It's 50,000 words. The description is below. If you're interested, PM me. The harsher, the better. I am willing to reciprocate. Thanks in advance!

Blake Mathews didnít mean to burn down the local museum or barge in on the girlís locker room. He definitely didnít intend to knock over the bookshelf in the school library, single-handedly creating a domino effect that left no book untouched, but he canít help it. Heís bad luck.

His luck changes when he discovers a book that grants wishes amongst the library wreckage. As Blake explores the true meaning of the phrase ďreading is power,Ē he starts hearing voices and seeing things. Like the little girl who leaves messages written in steam on the bathroom mirror, the scratching sounds coming from the attic, the whispers warning that someone is coming for him.

He puts his wishes on hold and sets out to learn the bookís origin. When his search uncovers a forty-year-old murder that occurred in his own house, Blake blames the book. The more he learns about the murder, the more he recognizes the parallel between then and now. Itís all happening again. Except this time, Blake believes heís the one whoís going to be murdered. His only hope for survival is to figure out how to destroy the book.

But that wonít be easy. A demon is bound within the book. And the person who summoned it is lurking in the attic, waiting for Blake.

acockey
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi,
I would love to read your Urban fantasy... That is the main genre i am reading right now. I am a writer myself and I am writing an Urban romance/Fantansy about a pregnant Superheroine and the super heroes that inhabit her world maybe we can swap stories, if not i would be happy to read yours PM me and i will give you my addy

jjacobs
08-31-2010, 05:47 AM
Anybody else? I found one good beta, but I'd like at least one more person who can give critical feedback. Oh, and I'd prefer someone who has posted on Absolutewrite more than once. Thanks!

_Sian_
08-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Do you mind YA fantasy in exchange? Because your book sounds interesting. I can send you a very basic description of mine if you want - PM me if interested :)