PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap and the Writing Circle

jasonguinn78
08-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Hey guys,

I posted a beta deal where I read first five chapters in exchange for five chapters, but got ZERO responses. Thanks guys!

Anyway, what I wanted to do now--and probably will still get zero comments--is see if anyone wants to start a Beta circle. Basically like this--everyone in the circle will get first chapters of everyone in the group and a time frame to read them. Then we get together and share comments on Skype or MSN or something like that. Each week, we will try and read everyone's chapters and then give comments to help them improve.

But beta's for this must be commited to read, give suggestions (both good and bad), and have a completed manuscript.

Let me know if you are interested.

minkyboodle
08-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Jason; I'll bite.

Visit this website, then decide if you want me reading your material. I can be contacted there, and will accept a PDF of any partial or completed work. Should be able to turn the review back in a week.
www.brownbrushbooks.com (http://www.brownbrushbooks.com)

katiemac
08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
You could always join one of the critique circles in the Novels forum.

amyashley
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a beta partner I have been working with, and am making the revisions she has suggested, but I will welcome fresh eyes.

The only thing I am NOT interested in is grammar and spelling crit. I a mailing the completely revised MS to my grammar diva when it is done.

My novel is currently about 71,000 words and I am done with final revisions up to the 5th chapter. Some chunks will fly and some won't.

I probably won't be able to skype, but e-mail well. I have 3 small kids who think skype is crawl on mama time. I can maybe do it after 8 mountain time...MAYBE.