PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch "The View" this morning?

Sheryl Nantus
09-15-2005, 01:11 AM
whoa...

The View, for those who don't know, is an ABC talk show with women chatting away on various topics - Barbara Walters is the executive producer and there's a great set of co-hosts that do a good job of keeping the chat going... Meredith Vieira, Star Jones Reynolds, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

so I'm sitting there today and I see they're chatting about a news article from Good Morning America - in a nutshell, it's about a 20-year old man who's married his 14 year old (!) lover and they've produced a little girl... seems you can get married this young in Kansas, which I did not know.

and the girls are chatting away about age and how young is too young and pedeophiles and Joy pops up with these great words - "Well, Celine Dion's husband starting dating her when she was six!" or some equivilent paraphrase... the point being that she was insinuating that Rene was basically, well...

I was flabbergasted for a few minutes, then turned to my mother and asked if I had just heard that.

She agreed with my interpretation.

Did anyone else catch this, or am I just toodling in my own cloud...

:mad:

TatiVale
09-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanks God I don't have this channel here...pppffff

Marisa Louise
09-15-2005, 01:51 AM
I didn't watch the view but, if she said that, I find it a slightly crude and undeserved remark. People have their own interpretations on romance and limits and what is okay and such, and that is something that I understand....

But what I sometimes don't understand is why, when people have been married 10 years and are happily so, they cannot seem to just "leave it well enough alone".

Céline began developing a crush on René when she was 12 (the age when she first met René Angélil). It was not the other way around. By the time she was 16, she was 'actively' pursuing him in her small, innocent ways. Again not the other way around. It was not until she was 20 that he decided that the relationship was something that he wanted and felt was appropriate at that point (after she approached him and kissed him at the door of her hotel room, refusing to let him leave without it happening). Her mother was constantly by her side in her younger years of travel, making it nearly impossible for anything inappropriate to take place.

Interesting that this would be said when it's been being said for--how many years now? Get something new, eh?

Anyway, I'm sure that she meant it the way that you had interpreted it. I regard such a comment as rude.

Mrs. Dion
09-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Nope, I don't watch that show

CertPharmT15
09-15-2005, 08:51 AM
We should e-mail them to make a retraction on that comment!!!!!! lo l

kay5
09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Good luck to them for getting Celine back on that show!

godessceline
09-19-2005, 01:51 PM
We don't get the show in Sweden so I couldn't see it. I'm just so tired of remarks like that but...I dunno, it seems like they're wuite frequent. My brothers and my boyfriend always joke about it that way too so I get to hear that crap a lot. :mad: Even if Céline had feelings for René at a quite early age (I'm guessing seventeen-ish?) René did NOTHING that could be morally nor laey wrong. As fara s I know from what has been said ont he subject, Céline came on to hima nd not the other waya round. I'm sure Rrené noticed her feelings, but again he did NOTHING. I mena for God's sake...even when somethign HAD happened at Céline' age of twenty he was devastated for her career. he never did anything apropriate whatsoever. I hate it when people portray him as a money hungry *beep*(okay so I don't even wanna use that p-word cos it ticks me off so much:mad: ) The thing is though...we know the truth, Céline and René know the truth....they love eachother so deeply and if people can't see beyond a simple number then I feel sorry for them. There, I vented. *lol* :)