Resurrecting the SF/F Chat from the dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
Most veterans of this subforum are likely familiar with the weekly Sci-fi/Fantasy chats that used to be held in IRC. For those unfamiliar, the chat was a weekly discussion of a chosen topic related to sci-fi and fantasy writing, with questions geared towards how to address various aspects or problems in writing such worlds. On a less frequent basis, there was a round table workshop of participants' WIPs, in order to help writers overcome hurdles in their stories.

Logs of previous discussions can be found here.

Is there enough interest in these chats to resume them? We are in need of both people willing to volunteer time to coordinate and run the discussions, as well of eager people to come and discuss the topics. You can't discuss writing with an empty room, after all.

You can comment here if you would like to see these happen again. If you want to volunteer your time to help, see Pthom's sticky at the top of the subforum and send him a message. You can also send me a message, but seeing as I likely won't know the answer or details, I'll still probably direct your question or commentary to him anyway, so you may be better off contacting him directly. :p

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You sound organized enough already to run some very nice chats :D

Don't forget chats with AW or other authors.

I'm more in the 'show up and help when available' camp...

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Fenika. :D Coming from a former chat coordinator, that means a lot. :p

ChaosTitan said if we got it going, she might be able to drop in sometime, so I'm already thinking "Special Guest Chat with Kelly Meding." And I'm sure we can use your help, even if it's only occasionally!

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the few chats I've been able to participate in, but unfortunately they were usually held on Thursday nights, when I had other obligations and couldn't be around. I would love to try to pop in, but that depends on when they are scheduled.

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
At this point in time, the day and time of the chats is still up in the air, so there's at least some chance it will be scheduled on a different day. AW is a very diverse place, so the trick is finding a time that is convenient for as many people as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.