PDA

View Full Version : So, who else is Allstate's "Mayhem"?

JoeEkaitis
08-18-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm a California driver. I never slow down to stare at a freeway fender-bender at the side of the road.

Screeching to a dead stop is my style.

[does so, followed by a rear-end collision and chain-reaction pile-up]

Oh, goody. Now WE'RE the stars of the show.

(your turn, world)

Shadow_Ferret
08-19-2010, 02:50 AM
Um.....

What? :Shrug:

mario_c
08-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Um.....

What? :Shrug:The Allstate commercials with Dean Winters ("Oz", "Law And Order SVU") as a guy who travels around destroying people's cars to demonstrate the value of good insurance coverage. Favorite: "I'm a teenaged girl..." :ROFL: (his noir tough guy charisma does sell that one...)

Kitty Pryde
08-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm a spaced-out writer-type who didn't learn to drive until age twenty-five. I'm more likely to be studying the details of the outfits and faces of the people at the bus stop than paying attention to petty mundane concerns like traffic lights and cars ahead of me.

*squints manfully at the camera*

*glances away to people-watch*

*runs through a red light at a busy intersection causing many screechings and crashings*

*pulls out notebook and lavender pen and starts scribbling*

This is so going in my novel.

mario_c
08-22-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm a school kid with a skateboard.
(SUPER: 3PM)
The record store is three blocks down from my path from school to home.
(skates down busy downtown street directly into
INTERSECTION
oblivious to screeching tires and honking. Makes a 45 degree angle back and skates directly beside parked cars for a block and a half swatting windshields with a math textbook hoping to make the alarms go off, does another 45 degree swivel while trying to hop up and down on the skateboard, causing cars to swerve and triggering a
MONTAGE: CITY WIDE LOGJAM)

:D

Satori1977
08-22-2010, 04:42 AM
I love Dean Winters. Been watching Oz on dvd. Great show. Oh, wait, we are talking about the commercial. I like the "I'm a teenage girl part."

ChaosTitan
08-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I love Dean Winters. Been watching Oz on dvd. Great show. Oh, wait, we are talking about the commercial. I like the "I'm a teenage girl part."

Ditto. Love Dean Winters, and Oz is one of my top 5 TV shows ever.

Those commercials are priceless. I love the one when he's jogging and says something like "you're busy admiring my awesome headband." :ROFL:

It's a very impressive and memorable advertising campaign, I'll give 'em that.

Satori1977
08-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Ditto. Love Dean Winters, and Oz is one of my top 5 TV shows ever.

Those commercials are priceless. I love the one when he's jogging and says something like "you're busy admiring my awesome headband." :ROFL:

It's a very impressive and memorable advertising campaign, I'll give 'em that.

He is so funny in those commercials, he usually plays such a badass on tv. I love it. I recently read that he makes more for those commercials than any other acting gig he has had. I wish he would get his own show, he deserves it, IMO.

Did you hear that he had a horrible infection last year and actually died for a few minutes in the ambulance?? Just read that yesterday. Scary.

Lavern08
08-23-2010, 12:25 AM
VOICEOVER:

I'm an 83 year-old grandma trying to back out of a parking space at my local grocery store.

I pressed the accelerator thinking it was the brake.

Again.

CLOSEUP OF CUTE, LITTLE GRANNY KNOCKING ON WINDOW OF MANGLED CAR PARKED IN SPACE IN FRONT OF HERS - PASSENGER UNCONSCIOUS WITH HEAD LYING FACE DOWN ON STEERING WHEEL

"Are you ok, Dear?"

VOICEOVER:

Mayhem - You gotta love her. :Shrug:

JoeEkaitis
08-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm a California driver, and the moment the fast lane on the freeway becomes the slow lane, I'm coming over to your lane.

(cuts sharply into the adjacent lane and is rear-ended.)

(with a malicious grin) Now it's the cash lane.