PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Desario or Jordan Catalano?

Celia Cyanide
08-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Which high school hunk from which short lived cult TV series do you prefer and why?

Daniel Desario from Freaks & Geeks, or Jordan Catalano from My So Called Life? There is a poll of course, but please explain, since this is such a serious question.

alleycat
08-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, I never watched F&Gs, but I did like My So-Called Life.

darkprincealain
08-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry, no contest. Who can resist the call of Cousin Tino, Rayanne and the bunch? And for a show that always had two plotlines going, I'm now realizing how well-written the adult storylines were.

Celia Cyanide
08-18-2010, 11:08 PM
And for a show that always had two plotlines going, I'm now realizing how well-written the adult storylines were.

Yeah, I HATE realizing that. It makes me feel old.

But, srsly, this ain't about the show. I think Daniel would be a much better boyfriend.

KTC
08-18-2010, 11:10 PM
oh stop. SP is gonna so blow this thread wide open! don't say i didn't warn you.

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Loved both shows for different reasons, but I didn't much care for the character of Daniel. Plus, James Franco is one of those actors that is sometimes hot, sometimes not...and I don't get his appeal on F&G. Great show though.

As for Jordan Catalano....I was so in love with him watching the show. Absolutely gorgeous, loved the attitude. Reminded me of a boy I had a crush on in high school. And that show gave me my first taste of Jared Leto, and I have been a huge fan of his since them. TV, movies, music, you name it. Plus, at almost 40, he is still gorgeous!

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I HATE realizing that. It makes me feel old.

But, srsly, this ain't about the show. I think Daniel would be a much better boyfriend.

Honestly, I don't think either of them would make a great boyfriend. But I certainly wouldn't mind some alone time with Jordan (Jared). :D Ok, I guess with Jared only since Jordan would be way too young for me now!

BenPanced
08-19-2010, 12:19 AM
:nothing

Didn't watch either show.

Celia Cyanide
08-19-2010, 12:45 AM
:nothing

Didn't watch either show.

It's never too late to start. They're both on DVD. F&G is on youtube.

Maryn
08-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Daniel, for me. He was not a bad boyfriend, most of the time. He had little patience for Kim's drama, but I remember vividly the episode in which he allowed her to slap him repeatedly for letting her think he'd cheated (IIRC--it's been a while), and they left together. He also seemed educable, as in the episode where he plays D&D with the geeks.

Two great shows. Both characters real easy on the eyes, too.

Maryn, sighing

darkprincealain
08-19-2010, 01:33 AM
I know it isn't about the show, just for me the nostalgia kinda gets me. But yes, Jordan would be an awful bf, in my opinion.

thewakingself
08-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Can't I have both? :D

If I have to pick one, I'll go with Daniel for my fantasy boyfriend. Jordan would totally need to be a fling. He's pretty, but he's not long-term material. Too flakey, imho.

Shadow_Ferret
08-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Neither show interested me enough to even bother to tune in.

scarletpeaches
08-19-2010, 03:01 AM
I'd never heard of those names before this thread.

I just know Jared Leto as a movie actor. But you know what my answer is.

LOG
08-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Never heard of either show or people.

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd never heard of those names before this thread.

I just know Jared Leto as a movie actor. But you know what my answer is.

You should watch My So-Called Life just to see a young, sweet Jared Leto. You might feel a little dirty oogling him as a teenager, but it is a good kind of dirty. I loved his character in that show.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Satori1977/jordancatalano.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Satori1977/tumblr_kybpdoLWaD1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

This pic is cool....Jared and Claire on the show, then reuniting 15 years later for the first time.

Jcomp
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I cheated and voted based on actor and name-coolness since I never watched either show. James Franco is probably top 1% coolest dudes on the planet. Every time I picture Leto, conversely, I always see him unconvincingly corn-rowed up in Panic Room and just want to tell him to stop. Stop it right now. So yeah, Desario it is...

Celia Cyanide
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Neither show interested me enough to even bother to tune in.

Yet you found it necessary to post in this thread...

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I cheated and voted based on actor and name-coolness since I never watched either show. James Franco is probably top 1% coolest dudes on the planet. Every time I picture Leto, conversely, I always see him unconvincingly corn-rowed up in Panic Room and just want to tell him to stop. Stop it right now. So yeah, Desario it is...

LOL, not one of his better looks, but I still love him.

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Yet you found it necessary to post in this thread...

I think the ferret shows up in every cool thread :D

Celia Cyanide
08-19-2010, 08:42 PM
James Franco is probably top 1% coolest dudes on the planet.

Between his 30 Rock appearance and his Funny Or Die stuff, I don't think any hott male movie star has a sense of humor about himself the way James Franco does. He's always doing the craziest stuff! He plays James Dean, then does a comic book movie, then writes to Gus Van Zandt and tells him he'd love to work with him. Then he calls General Hospital and asks if he can join the cast. Then he decides it's time to go back to school and get his master's in creative writing. Unbelievable.

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Between his 30 Rock appearance and his Funny Or Die stuff, I don't think any hott male movie star has a sense of humor about himself the way James Franco does. He's always doing the craziest stuff! He plays James Dean, then does a comic book movie, then writes to Gus Van Zandt and tells him he'd love to work with him. Then he calls General Hospital and asks if he can join the cast. Then he decides it's time to go back to school and get his master's in creative writing. Unbelievable.

He is a very cool actor (and probably a cool guy). I think he is quite talented and have enjoyed every movie he has made. Maybe even underrated.

scarletpeaches
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Jared's brother's shit hot too.

Just sayin'...

Celia Cyanide
08-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Jared's brother's shit hot too.

Just sayin'...

So is James' brother...

darkprincealain
08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Jared's brother was in a few of the episodes. The Let's Bolt! episode and the party episode and a couple of others. He never got a chance to say anything though.

Satori1977
08-19-2010, 09:44 PM
So is James' brother...

James has a brother? :D

ETA: Just looked him up, he is a cutie.

Smish
08-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Jordan Catalano. Yumm. Never missed an episode. :rolleyes:

scarletpeaches
08-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Jared's brother was in a few of the episodes. The Let's Bolt! episode and the party episode and a couple of others. He never got a chance to say anything though.Who cares? I'd just love to say to him, "Shannon? Shut up and look pretty."

rifferaff
08-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Ooh, very good question. But I have to go with Jordan Catalano. Always.