"Rubicon" on AMC

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to give the first episode a try and sat through the whole thing against my misgivings about 15 minutes in, which is when I usually give up on hour-long dramas. Maybe if they were a bit more...conspiratorial about the conspiracy and didn't stoop to every trick in the conspiracy playbook, I would have been more impressed. Instead, I guessed how every plot point would be resolved (or not? Ooooo! CONSPIRACY!) by the end of the episode, which left me wanting...something of more substance. I'm not even interested in the events and back story that led up to this episode.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to watch Ep 1 (because of my extreme love of Breaking Bad), but I found it entirely meh as well. It felt a bit like "Damages" but with less good acting and writing.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm holding out on watching any episodes to see if it's one of those "needs 4-5 eps to get its legs and flesh out a larger story arc" kind of series.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I watched the first episode. It was well-produced and well-acted, but the script seemed like an especially glum version of stuff I've seen before. These grand conspiracy stories are inherently silly, and they never have a really satisfactory payoff.