PDA

View Full Version : EXPLODED WITH AWESOMENESS

Dr.Gonzo
08-16-2010, 08:52 PM
My head's been in tatters. Seriously. I've been thinking and thinking about my novel, and then I've been writing and writing my novel. It's invigorating. It's like a dream. It's ... f***ing hard work.

So, I've been in that writer place. That place where you forget to eat. That place where you don't return your mother's calls. The place you go where the sound of your girlfriend's moaning is distant. And then, I stick my head out of that place, just to see the sun, and then decide to empty my mail box and throw away some bill reminders. Guess what I find?

It's a letter from an editor. A short story I sent out a while ago has been accepted. What a nice surprise!

Now I'm going to get back to work, after I've cashed the cheque, but I'm going to have to make sure my giddy mood doesn't show in my snarky MC's voice. That would never do. No, it wouldn't. I'll have to make sure that when I'm writing I forget all about my good news.

So, yay :)

Witch_turtle
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Congratulations! :) Sounds like you're on a roll.

Maryn
08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Hurray for you! Now, back into snark-infested waters...

Maryn, happy in your behalf (like you couldn't handle it yourself?)

\jumpingJack
08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Well done there dude!

Go out and buy some beer, get drunk celebrating, and continue writing with a hangover to keep the snary-snary going - that's my advice heh!

Bufty
08-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Nice one!

Mr Flibble
08-16-2010, 11:26 PM
*uses Mr Burns' voice*

Excellent!

Chasing the Horizon
08-16-2010, 11:35 PM
*comes into thread with hose and begins washing off the splatters of awesome*

That stuff starts to smell funny if you leave it there too long, you know.

Bookewyrme
08-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Congrats!! ^_^

*uses Mr Burns' voice*

And how does Mr. Burns feel about that, hrm? :D

whimsical rabbit
08-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Congrats!!!

Hard work does pay.

Phaeal
08-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey, I just came from that place, too! I better check my mail.

;)

Wishing you more of the awesomeness.

IDGS
08-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Congratulations! Best of luck!!

KTC
08-17-2010, 01:02 AM
My head's been in tatters. Seriously. I've been thinking and thinking about my novel, and then I've been writing and writing my novel. It's invigorating. It's like a dream. It's ... f***ing hard work.

So, I've been in that writer place. That place where you forget to eat. That place where you don't return your mother's calls. The place you go where the sound of your girlfriend's moaning is distant. And then, I stick my head out of that place, just to see the sun, and then decide to empty my mail box and throw away some bill reminders. Guess what I find?

It's a letter from an editor. A short story I sent out a while ago has been accepted. What a nice surprise!

Now I'm going to get back to work, after I've cashed the cheque, but I'm going to have to make sure my giddy mood doesn't show in my snarky MC's voice. That would never do. No, it wouldn't. I'll have to make sure that when I'm writing I forget all about my good news.

In you, I am well pleased. I love these kinds of updates. Stay in the zone. And smile---albeit snarkily. (-;

Congrats!

tanglewoodtracey
08-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Yay, yay, yay!!!

Good for you :)

EclipsesMuse
08-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Congratulations! Now, back to work! *cracks whip, then realizes she should follow her own advice*

willietheshakes
08-17-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm sorry about your girlfriend moaning -- we'll keep it down next time. :)

Seriously -- congrats.

bluefeline
08-17-2010, 04:07 AM
YAY!!! CONGRATS! :banana::banana::banana:

Soccer Mom
08-17-2010, 04:22 AM
I'll just leave one quiet snoopy of awesomeness here. Don't want to spoil the snark.

:snoopy:

Susan Littlefield
08-17-2010, 06:45 AM

Congratulations!! Well done! :D

regdog
08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/smiley-bounce017.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/smiley-happy096.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/poze.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/emoticon-char-038.gif

YukonMike
08-18-2010, 05:35 AM
You go Dr. Gonzo!

Keep plugging away and don't forget to cash that check and buy something fun for yourself. If you are like most starving writers, you'll blow it on something crazy like groceries or rent.

Dr.Gonzo
08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
O
M
G
!

So, after all the awesomeness was mopped up and I got my mind focused once again to the task at hand, I open my email this morning and another one of my shorts has been shortlisted...

I may cry.

Fingers crossed it reaches the final three.

:):):)

Daddyo
08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Man! You're on a roll, Gonzo.