You Might Be a Book Nerd If...

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
You run on a very tight timetable, unless you walk into a library or bookstore - when time seems to just stand still and hours pass by in the hevenly smell of ink and dust jackets....

*whoa* I just made myself woosey.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
You run on a very tight timetable, unless you walk into a library or bookstore - when time seems to just stand still and hours pass by in the hevenly smell of ink and dust jackets....

*whoa* I just made myself woosey.

I think I had a small gasm just reading those words.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
You wince any time someone takes apart a book because they want to use the material for something else. (Seriously, I gasped in horror when I found on Etsy someone had taken old Nancy Drew covers off a book and made them into a purse.)

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
You read in the tub all the time and have the water-damaged books to prove it.

:D

You couldn't resist the danger of water-damaged books simply because you couldn't be bothered wasting 15 minutes on something like bathing when there was a perfectly good book to be read.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
*Reads posts so far* Check. Check. Check...hrm....Have you people all been stalking me?

Also, if you have ever tried combining reading and cooking. Successfully.

And: If you and your husband ever move to another country for a year with only what you can carry in four suitcases, and you absolutely insist that you do TOO need one of those suitcases entirely for books.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
You can read and walk at the same time without bumping into people, walking into a tree, or getting hit by a car.

Last edited:

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
You enjoy walking up to random strangers and saying, "my mother is a fish," and laughing at their blank stares.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You move to a foreign country and the military limits you to 2,000 lbs of household goods...which means you have to leave 3,000 of your 4,000 books in storage. And sorting through them to decide which come and which go makes you want to cry.

You read in the bathtub and have never (knock on wood) gotten a book wet.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
You have multiple copies of the books you just can't live without.

The HB version that never gets read, the tray addition if there was one, the soft back in different covers, and then the one that you'll actually open...

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Prepare your food so that you can eat without having to take your eyes from the book you are reading.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
If you've ever stayed in the bathroom longer, even when someone was knocking to get in, because you wanted to finished that chapter...

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
If you take a book whenever you go out, even if you know you won't have time to read it, because the thought of not having a book nearby makes you antsy. And if you use every spare five minutes while you are out wherever to read it anyway.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
If you've ever saved a particularly favorite book for a day when you don't have to go somewhere. You opt to read other books from your TBR but your heart is waiting for the one.

And there is always the one.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
You can read and walk at the same time without bumping into people, walking into a tree, or getting hit by a car.

You're not paying enough attention to your book if you can do that. :D

...you need someone to lead you by the hand when crossing the street, or you will get hit by a car.

Got in trouble in school for reading too much in class. In English/Language Arts Class.

...you hide your book in your desk to disguise the fact that you're reading during math class.

...you promise yourself "just one more page" before you go to bed, and at the end of it wonder why it's beginning to get light outside.

:D

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
You limit yourself to reading short stories when you need to get some sleep during the week.