PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader/Writing Partner Needed for YA Urban Fantasy

Sydneyd
08-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Hi All!
Even though I am terrified of having someone read my novel and tell me it is crap, I think I am past the point where I can evaluate my novel from the right perspective.

I am looking for a fresh set of eyes. I need someone to read through and tell me what is making sense, what is boring, what they love, what they hate. The type of advice I would prefer: I don't get why ______ is ______ it seems out of character and ridiculous. The type of advice I would not like: When I read _______ it was so horrible that if I had the pages in front of me I would burn them and then pee on the ashes.

A little about me: I write YA urban fantasy (i guess you could call it) I am new to writing but am not new to reading (I believe I have the entire YA section of B&N downstairs on my bookshelf right now). I would love to also beta another's work if they would like me to. I may not be an expert but I know what I like, and even if I don't always like something I can still look at it from other points of view.

So, if this sounds like something you would be willing to do, let me know!

lune
08-16-2010, 01:33 PM
*snork* You know, I was going to make a smartass comment about working together (by your powers combined...!) based on the comments over in SYW, then thought better of it.

Looks like I should have went with my gut!

Rowan
08-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Sydneyd~
I don't have time to beta right now but just wanted to drop in and say that your opening chapter shows a lot of promise! Keep it up--I'm sure you'll find a beta reader/writing partner. :)