PDA

View Full Version : Things we learn from movies...

maxmordon
08-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Today I watched The Governator's opera prima on the silver screen: Hercules in New York and I learned a couple of things from it:

Samson is recognized on Greek mythology.
You can have a succesful life in NYC without a surname or any class of identification.
Arnold Schwarzenneger doesn't like furries.
Taxi cabs in NYC drives you around until you tell them where to drop you.
Mt. Olympus is grossly overrated.

What about you? What lessons have you learn from movies?

CheekyWench
08-14-2010, 07:55 AM
"Thats why its called a crush. If it didn't hurt, It'd be called something else"

willietheshakes
08-14-2010, 11:25 AM
"Leave the gun, take the cannolli."

SirOtter
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
From League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I learned that the canals of Venice are deep enough for a submarine twice the size of an aircraft carrier to navigate them while submerged.

Guardian
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
If I profess my love for someone in a public place, people will all stop to listen to me and applaud when I'm finished. Or if the object of my love is not there, they will all encourage me to go get her and go out of their ways to help me reach her just in time to stop her from being married/dropped into an enormous blender.

regdog
08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
There's no crying in baseball

Lhun
08-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Everything mentioned here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealityIsUnrealistic).

regdog
08-14-2010, 05:16 PM
We're going to need a bigger boat.

This was not a boating accident.

DavidZahir
08-14-2010, 06:47 PM
It is possible to outrun ammunition.

Morality conveys the ability to hit a human target (lack of same has precisely the opposite effect).

All gays are flamboyant.

All lesbians are unhappy and alone, or evil.

Only attractive people do anything interesting.

Space ships act like surface ocean ships.

To be a sociopath is to be brilliant--but defeated by someone less intelligent, more attractive and much, much luckier.

Children (or at least teenagers) can defeat world governments, which is good news because they actually know better.

maxmordon
08-14-2010, 07:53 PM
From League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I learned that the canals of Venice are deep enough for a submarine twice the size of an aircraft carrier to navigate them while submerged.

And apparently Venice's carnival doesn't take place during the two days before of Ash Wednesday but is some kind of year-long event.

Smileycat
08-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Spock wore Jimmy Cho shoes in The Empire Strikes Back. Well, okay, he LOOKED like Spock...

ejaycee
08-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Sheets for couples are L-shaped, so that they reach above the woman's chest, but down to the man's waist.

KTC
08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Watching movies, for me, reminds me of something:

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.

The big screen thrills me. Being in a movie theatre watching creativity coming to life...it just thrills me. A beautiful movie makes me appreciate the beauty outside the theatre. Doesn't matter what's on the big screen...if it's well done, it lifts me higher.

Evaine
08-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Rule 1. Never go down to the dark cellar alone.

Rule 2. If you DO go down to the dark cellar alone, never walk backwards.

On the other hand, if you meet a lion unexpectedly, walk backwards very slowly.

regdog
08-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh and if you do go down into the dark cellar alone, make sure you're wearing lingere and you flip your hair

childeroland
08-16-2010, 04:06 AM
That you can be as dorky and inconsiderate with girls as I was in high school and still "pull" someone who looks like Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Sarpedon
08-16-2010, 04:29 AM
If you go anywhere scary, be sure to take a black guy with you.

Otterella
08-16-2010, 05:49 AM
A firearm will always hold exactly as much ammunition as the plot requires it to.