PDA

View Full Version : Private chat isn't working? (Private Messages - PMs)

Will Collins
08-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Sorry I had no idea where to put this, or who I'm supposed to contact.

For the past week or so no one has been replying via private email, at first, obviously, I thought people simply had not been on for a few days.

But, as I've been sending messages back and forth to several people, five or six, I'm assuming they can't all be ignoring me lol.

I think that my message chat isn't working on here, people that I have been talking too have not been replying, none of them, either that or my inbox isn't getting them.

I think the problem is that my sent mails arent being received.

Is there some mods on here or somethnig?

jvc
08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I assume you mean the Private Message function. As you have visitor messages turned off. From what I can see you can receive PMs, however, if you want to test it out, send me a PM and then I'll ignore you. :D

I mean, I'll see if I get it and send one back to confirm you are able to receive them, too.

Bare in mind, AW has been having a lot of problems over the last few days. This may be a reason why you are encountering problems.

Little1
08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I assume you mean the Private Message function. As you have visitor messages turned off. From what I can see you can receive PMs, however, if you want to test it out, send me a PM and then I'll ignore you. I mean, I'll see if I get it and send one back.

Bare in mind, AW has been have a lot of problems over the last few days, so this may have something to do with either peeps not getting PMs, or them not being around to send one back.

How do you turn on visitor messages?

EDIT:

HEHEHE I figured it out. Its in the settings tab on the CP. :)

jvc
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
How do you turn on visitor messages?
If you go to your User CP (this is at the top of the page). On the left hand side there should be a link for 'Edit Options'. Click on the link. This will give you lots of different options, such as 'invisible mode', 'email notifications', the option to enable Private Messages and set options surrounding them, plus, below that there is the option to enable Visitor Messages.

Just remember, after you have finished checking the buttons for the various options, go to the bottom of the page to 'Save Changes'

jvc
08-12-2010, 06:43 PM
HEHEHE I figured it out. Its in the settings tab on the CP. :)
Sheesh, after I wrote all that, you figured it out on your own :e2tongue:

jvc
08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
You can also check whether a person you've sent a message to has been online since you sent it. Just go to their profile.

And to do this:

Click on the person's name in one of their posts. A small pop-down box will appear. Click 'View Public Profile'. Once there, below the person's user name, it will tell you when their last activity was.

Silver King
08-13-2010, 03:10 AM
The FAQ forum seems like a better place for this thread, so we'll move it there from Office Party.