Status
Not open for further replies.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I just need to gripe about a rejection I just got from a prominent magazine. They have an online submission form where you can upload documents.

So I get a rejection. It's a form rejection, but then added on is a link to "proper short story format," because I apparently didn't do it right.

Yeah, well... The manuscript was not in "proper format" because the FORMAT is an integral part of the story. Which they would have seen if they had read all whopping 600 words.

Grrrr.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I hate online submission forms. My beautifully constructed query always has to get hacked into stumpy little sentences that don't stand well on their own when it's a bunch of text boxes for Bio, Synopsis, Genre, etc. Those online forms were great when I was managing web traffic and project documentation in the high tech industry, but they're not a good way to communicate in the literary world.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the online sub forms can be frustrating. Especially when they're like the one I tried yesterday, which took half an hour to fill out, and then it didn't work. Hello?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.