PDA

View Full Version : Tornado!

Gretad08
08-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Holy cow, well they're saying it wasn't a tornado but "strong storm systems, with heavy winds" ripped down trees, light poles, and my neighbor's roof last night.

My house is completely untouched but neighbors only 3 houses away lost shingles, trees, patio furniture...you name it, if it was outside it went flying around the street. Another neighbor 5 houses up lost his roof! Pieces of shingles and plywood flew across the street, crashed through someone's car window and then smashed in his garage door. Another piece of it flew threw the back wall of someone's house.

We lost power for 5 hours which really sucked b/c it was 106 degrees yesterday. After the storm it went down in the 80's but that's still damn hot.

Then, a news crew was filming the damage and interviewing in front of my house. It was crazy!

The neighbors kept trying to convince my husband to walk around shirtless, drinking beer, and yelling about the power being off. It was so tempting to let him, but like the internet, t.v. is forever, especially the more outrageous it is.

Anyway, that's my excitement for the week and I just had to share. Wha' choo got goin' on?

Cella
08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
The neighbors kept trying to convince my husband to walk around shirtless, drinking beer, and yelling about the power being off.
so hot...

:D

Maryn
08-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow, Greta! That's enough excitement for the entire month, probably longer.

Winds like that can do the kind of damage that injures and kills, so remember to thank whatever Fates you believe in that it was inconvenient, hot, and property was damaged.

Maryn, whose power was once out for 13 days

thewakingself
08-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Eek! I'm glad you and your husband are safe, and don't have property damage. Storms like that--tornados, especially--are very scary.

Gretad08
08-12-2010, 03:53 AM
so hot...

:D

LOL :) Last year on Halloween he rode his bike (yeah, I said bike but he's 30) around the neighborhood with a pumpkin on his head. The incident has since become known as The Great Pumpkin Caper.

Tepelus
08-12-2010, 05:17 AM
My biggest fear is a tornado ripping through my house, especially since I have no basement or cellar to hide in. This past year there were three tornadoes that had touched down nearby, two of them within a few miles of my house, and a really strong one 20 miles away. I love thunderstorms, but I hate it when there's the threat of tornadoes.

Williebee
08-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Glad you folks are ok, Greta.

and btw? I just gotta go party with your husband. That's my kind of holiday spirit.