Is it just me or is there something wrong with AW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not for me. Only when I click on the "last post" arrow.

Deleted member 42

When you guys click on a new page/thread are you automatically shot to the bottom of the page? it's driving me nuts!

That's a little odd. You might check your browser Preference settings, or even just try clearing your cache and restarting.

It's javascript acting wonky on your end.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me, too, but only when I click on the little blue 'Go to last post' symbol beside the name of the last person to post in the thread. That's usually where I do click.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um, my ignorance is showing yet again. By the little blue 'Go to last post' symbol, do you mean "Go to First Unread"?

Or am I missing some vital feature because once again I'm kind of a dope when it comes to computers?

Maryn, kind of a dope in many areas, actually

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Um, my ignorance is showing yet again. By the little blue 'Go to last post' symbol, do you mean "Go to First Unread"?

Or am I missing some vital feature because once again I'm kind of a dope when it comes to computers?

Maryn, kind of a dope in many areas, actually
There's two buttons, Maryn. One is on the left hand side which goes to first unread.

Then say if you under Bulletin Board, looking at all the threads in that subforum, the right side shows the last poster and there's an arrow there that will take you directly to that last post.

On an unrelated note, I am assuming, Lisa, that the inactivity timeout setting has been moved back to a shorter duration? I've had to log in several times today and just figured that is what it is.

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed the "Today's posts" on the main page is missing - I don't always sign in or have time to look at each category to see what's new, so I miss having the option of just doing a quick check of new posts.

Deleted member 42

I've noticed the "Today's posts" on the main page is missing - I don't always sign in or have time to look at each category to see what's new, so I miss having the option of just doing a quick check of new posts.

You see New Posts if you're logged in, and Today's Posts if you're not.

Deleted member 42

On an unrelated note, I am assuming, Lisa, that the inactivity timeout setting has been moved back to a shorter duration? I've had to log in several times today and just figured that is what it is.

We changed it to try and reduce server load. We're still trying to figure out what was causing the server to engage in navel-gazing--and honestly, it might even be us, it might be the ISP.

But reducing the time has reduced the server load.

Last edited by a moderator:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
All that I'm seeing (not logged in) is "Register", "FAQ", and "Calendar". Logged in, everything is the same as it was.
I saw it, too. For whatever reason, Today's Posts was not there one of the times I hit the main page and was not logged in. After you first posted about it, I logged out and Today's Posts was there, but when I clicked it, it required that I log in.

Kind of Funky.

Deleted member 42

Aha!

We also changed the ability for non-logged in users to do searches--searches are also an extra server load--in trying to get AW back on its feet.

If you aren't logged in, you see Today's Posts--IF non-logged in users could do searches. Since they can't, Today's Posts won't appear.

We're still not sure what/why AW was ailing, so Mac may turn on the ability for non-logged on searchers to search later.

ETA: If you are logged in, Today's Posts is available from the Quick Links menu, in the blue stripe at the top, on the far right, right under your login name/notification.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
I am unable to get into forums using the board password anymore...did it change?

Deleted member 42

I am unable to get into forums using the board password anymore...did it change?

No passwords were changed.

Which forum are you talking about?

Keep in mind that there are several different passwords for different forums; they are listed in the descriptions on the top page.

See also this and this in FAQs. You may have a corrupted or stale cookie.

There is no "board" password. You have your password to login, and password protected forums like Erotica or SYW have additional passwords.

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
No passwords were changed.

Which forum are you talking about?

Keep in mind that there are several different passwords for different forums; they are listed in the descriptions on the top page.

See also this and this in FAQs. You may have a corrupted or stale cookie.

There is no "board" password. You have your password to login, and password protected forums like Erotica or SYW have additional passwords.
Oh, okay thanks! I was only told of one password so I just didn't know how to refer to it other than saying board pass-incase someone thought I was using my own password. I will check it out.

Hmm found three passwords, none work for me..

Submissions and resp. time forum

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure what you're talking about, Moonstone. There is no "Submissions and response time" forum.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, okay thanks! I was only told of one password so I just didn't know how to refer to it other than saying board pass-incase someone thought I was using my own password. I will check it out.

Hmm found three passwords, none work for me..

Submissions and resp. time forum

Do you use the Blueboards (VerlaKay), Moonstone? They have a protected forum with that title (or at least similar). Maybe you're mixing the two up.

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
Oh..I know I see it under the links for Forum Jump, it is located below "comedy Workshop". If you click it, it will bring you to a password window. If it doesn't exist , no worries then :)

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
Do you use the Blueboards (VerlaKay), Moonstone? They have a protected forum with that title (or at least similar). Maybe you're mixing the two up.
Maybe..I'm not sure what VerlaKay means though...

I just used Forum Jump at the bottom of the threads

Deleted member 42

If it's in Share Your Work, then the password is vista.

If you enter the password, and it doesn't work you need to follow the instructions linked to in my earlier post, and clear your cookies.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Ah! You're looking at the Greeting Card subforums. That's sort of its own little kingdom for weird reasons I'm not gonna go into, Moonstone, if you PM Cabria, she'll send you the password.

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh Haha. I'm glad that mystery is solved. Sorry for that. Thanks a bunch all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.