PDA

View Full Version : Need Fast Beta(s) for Contemporary/Dark Fantasy

Witch_turtle
08-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi! I've been through one round of betas and have made some changes to the structure of my novel. Now I'm looking for someone who can read the entire manuscript (90K words) fairly quickly . . . let's say before the month is out. I'm not looking for detailed crits or anything line-by-line, just overall impressions about the story arc itself.

My writing style is descriptive and poetic (but don't worry, I stay away from purple hues), my story style is slightly dark and surreal (as in, if you don't like characters who have selfish thoughts or a few creepy/disturbing scenes, this isn't for you). My protag is an antihero, an emotionally unbalanced teenaged boy who is kidnapped by a sorceress-queen to be the heir to her nightmare kingdom. He fights to win back his freedom and return to his twin sister.

I'm more than happy to beta something of yours in return. I'll read pretty much anything, though my preference of course would be fantasy (and I mean that in the broadest sense of the word). PM me if you're interested, and thanks in advance!

LeighNash
08-12-2010, 12:46 AM
PM me the first few chapters and I'll try them on for size and see if I think I could finish the rest of the manuscript in a timely manner for ya :) I rather enjoy dark fantasy, it's pretty much all I read, so hopefully I can give you a good overview :)

kelloish
08-13-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm interested :) I'm newish to the betaing world but since your not looking for line edits I think I could be some help. I haven't read dark fantasy in awhile but it is a genre I love. Kinda miss it really, so this could be great. I'd also like to see the first chapter just to get a feel but odds are, I'm in!