Ongoing Blogging about Website Building

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hey, if anyone's interested, I'm in the processing of doing the website thing and blogging about it. My regular blog and the website blog.

I'm not quite pulling out my hair at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be doing it again.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by the "website thing". The website blog leads to a "Blog not found" page.

The Grump

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Okay, I'm a computer idiot trying to do a website. I felt so good when I got the template up, I probably blabbed about it before I should have.

The links don't work on the button things but on the text page. The guy who's doing my artwork says he can put them across the top. If he can't, I sure I can find someone through the Northern Colorado Writers who can help me.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
What Southpaw means is not that the site has broken links, but that the link in your post marked 'website blog' is a broken link.

Based on the rep I received, I wasn't understood, so I'm trying again.

In the original post, there is a link marked website blog. This link is said to lead to a blog on Blogger with the address http://kktheod.blogspot.com/.

When I click that link, I'm taken to a 'Blog Not Found' page. Blogger only brings this up when a blog doesn't exist.

This means that either the address is wrong or the blog has been deleted.

This means it is a broken link.

It might be you deleted the blog because you couldn't sort the layout. If that's the case, I strongly recommend recreating it and simply making it private while you work on it. At the moment, Blogger is offering anyone the chance to register that blog address, so you might lose it.

The Grump

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Polenth. When I try the link, it works. I've made three posts and have two followers ... so it's up and running.

I don't know what's going on. I'll try it again.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
There's another blog for you listed on Google at:

http://kktheo.blogspot.com

That one has three posts and two followers.

If that's the blog you mean, the link goes to the wrong address in the first post (and the other posts you've made on the forum). If you wanted the name kktheod (the one you linked to) instead of kktheo (the one you have), you can change it in your settings and the whole blog will move over ('Settings' tab, then the 'Publishing' tab).

ETA: Clarifying this further: The blog you think is at kktheod (with a d on the end) is at kktheo (without a d on the end). I know you don't want to believe me, but the blog really, really isn't at the kktheod (with the d) address. It isn't just me... Google doesn't think it exists either.

I don't know why kktheod (with the d) brings up the page for you. Possibly you have a cached version. Possibly you're using your bookmark/favourite, and didn't notice the d was missing. But either way, you need to give other people kktheo (without the d) for them to see it, or change the whole blog to kktheod (with a d on the end).

Last edited:

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why Polenth I thank you for your clarification of my post and the detailed clarification of the clarification.

Now Grump I did click through to the correct url and then through to your website. I like the look of it. However, it is telling me I need to run an add-on. I suspect there is a coding error somewhere on the page.