Can't believe this is actually happening

RobinT

starting to get used to this
Registered
Reaction score
So I wrote my first book. It took three years and a ton of stress, but in the end I was happy with it. I queried it. I got some rejections, some requests, and finally some nice personal rejections on those requests that were still, nonetheless, rejections.

So I wrote my second book. It took four months. It was a dream. I loved writing it, I loved editing it. Writing the query was painful, but finally I sent it out to my A list. And starting getting more rejections. Second verse, same as the first.

But then! An agent! The very first agent I queried! Number 1 on my A list! The agent of awesome! Called me on the phone! Offered to represent me! Said it can sell!

It really happened! I didn't imagine it! I have the voice mails to prove it!

And now I am doing the dance where I wait to see if the other agents I queried are interested too. Me! Doing what author-type-people always talk about on their blogs!

Someone out there wants to try to sell my book! Seriously, I didn't imagine it. (Maybe I should go listen to those voice mails again.)

I was so used to daydreaming about all this. And then suddenly I'm in the middle of a workday and I'm on the phone with an agent talking about my book. And about what editors might be interested. And about what we should change before sending it on submission. And about, like, my future career path and stuff.

And of course I can't talk about the details yet because it's still not official because of those other agents still doing the dance. But! I am nevertheless unofficially excited!

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

[And on a slightly less stream-of-consciousness note, the advice I received here on my initial pages and query drafts was tremendously helpful in reaching this point, so yay for AW! Yay for writers helping writers! You are all awesomeness personified!]

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Congrats Robin.

Getting a call from your dream agent -- that's really amazing.

Be proud -- you now get to say to people at cocktail parties, "Excuse me, I have to take this cell phone call. It's my agent."

Last edited:

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I come over here to G and A--to hear stories like yours.

Fantastic! Fabulous! Fantabulous! Your perseverance paid off. Congratulations on achieving your ultimate agent goal. ~<|: D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm all goosebumpy! Congratulations! Let us know how it progresses. Congrats on landing the agent!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :snoopy:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
The bananas dream of agents, too, and wish to congratulate you on yours!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

branchwag

Re-writer Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Woot congrats! I bet it's so exciting to finally have a road to getting it published. ^.^

kelloish

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I just joined here at AW and it's awesome to see people with stories like yours.