PDA

View Full Version : m/m/m erotic romance? anyone?

Captcha
08-07-2010, 08:32 PM
If there's anyone reading in this genre, I'd love your opinions!

The grammar should be pretty good, although I'd love it if you picked out any little problems. Mostly, though, I'd love feedback on the bigger stuff - are the characters compelling, does the plot work for you, etc.

I guess you should probably be over 18, right? It's got explicit sex scenes.

I'm thinking of submitting it to Samhain and Loose Id, so if you buy books from either of those publishers, your input would be especially valuable.

Thanks for thinking about it.

ETA: It's a 61 000 word novel. Draft blurb below:

Alistair and Mark have it all figured out. They love each other, but they're allowed to step outside their relationship for casual sex; it only makes sense, with Mark out of town so much, and both of them being tops. It's not perfect, but it's satisfactory, until it turns out that the two of them have both been seeing the same guy on the side; and, worse, that they've both developed feelings for him.
Tyler rambles through his life in a happy-go-lucky haze, free to pick up men as wanted and discard them just as quickly when he's through. It might be a little emotionally empty, but he's young, and not looking for attachments. That changes when he meets Mark, and then Alistair, and finds that his connection to each of them is more than physical. Of course, they're committed to each other, and Tyler respects that; he doesn't want to come between them.
Or, for a certain definition of the word 'come', maybe he does...

xShadowFlamex
08-07-2010, 09:25 PM
i don't normally read erotica as a stand-alone genre, but i don't mind reading over a few passages as i've written sex scenes before

Captcha
08-07-2010, 09:53 PM
I was hoping for a beta for the whole novel - 61 000 words. I should have put that in the original post.

Any chance that you're still willing?

xShadowFlamex
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
61000 words is okay. I'd have to do it chapter by chapter though, because then i'd be able to give better feedback than if I was to try and do it all in one go. can i ask, is this based around homosexual relationships?

bookbuyer
08-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Well I'm not a beta reader, but this book sounds really interesting. I've been reading romance and erotica since I was 14 and this sounds just like the kind of books I like. I really hope that you get it published as it sounds like something I would really like to read.

My only thing would be the last line in the blurb sounds a little off. This is just my opinion but I would suggest maybe re-wording it.

BB. :D

Captcha
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
xShadowFlamex - sorry for the late reply. And, yes, that's what the m/m stands for - two men in the relationship. Only in this case, it's m/m/m - three men.

Captcha
08-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I appreciate the suggestion, bookbuyer - I wasn't sure about the last line either. Hmmmmm...

Satori1977
08-11-2010, 06:48 PM
If you are still looking for peopel, I would be very interested! I read a lot of romance, a lot of erotica, and that is mostly what I write as well.

Margarita Skies
08-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Can your book have more than one beta? :D I'm interested. :D I adore reading new stuff, especially from my AW darlings. If you accept my offer, PM me and I will give you my email address.

xShadowFlamex
08-11-2010, 10:55 PM
xShadowFlamex - sorry for the late reply. And, yes, that's what the m/m stands for - two men in the relationship. Only in this case, it's m/m/m - three men.

Even better for me, being homosexual myself this is right up my street :D

DiloKeith
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
You seem to have plenty of offers, so for now, I'll just say hi. I'm new here and write m/m/m erotica. Unfortunately, I have little time for reviewing now.

Captcha
08-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi, and welcome!