We Knew This Day Would Come

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
....or so we hoped but it's here.

I HAZ A FULL-TIME JOB!

Yes. After just two years and over 600 applications...I HAZ A JOB!

A JOB...

HEHE. I'm giddy. (oh wait that's the pain meds) I'm thrilled...ecstatic.

OH MY WORD!

I have to go to work on the 23rd.

Should I be bummed?

Nah...I'M ELATED. A JOB. I'm a viable person, employable. woohooo!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Holy crapola, Cassi. 600 apps... that's what I call determination, or stupidity on the employers part. Don't they know greatness when they see it. Sheez! :) Calls for :Cake:s 'n :e2flowers!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and tomorrow I enter into negotiations for the Ghost Writing project.

I think it's mine actually just the preliminaries and details have to be hashed out.

So I'm finally making it.

Susie, I figure this was just the warm up to teach me how to handle query rejections.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! You iz employed!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Cass, I am beyond thrilled for you. :Hug2: Can you tell us more about the job? Is it something you'll enjoy, or are you just pleased to be gainfully employed?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Cass, I am beyond thrilled for you. :Hug2: Can you tell us more about the job? Is it something you'll enjoy, or are you just pleased to be gainfully employed?
Hi Mama! :Hug2:

It is something I will love to bits and pieces and I'm pleased to have the job. I will be starting in the front, as the Office Manager but I'm to receive base pay and commission. Commission when I sell packages in the course of helping customers not as straight sales. I'm helping this really great guy rebuild his business after an employee last year, stole all his customer files and some equipment and packed up in the middle of the night and left town. He left devastation behind. So for a while this guy had to do it all. He now has 7 employees again, last year he had 30+ and he's just now moving forward from the havoc.

I'm to help him streamline the company and procedures and when I start in a few weeks, we will be expanding into another state. I will handle all HR transactions at that point, even travel to other states to set up the offices as they are reopened and once we are stable with the relaunch, I move up to Project Manager and I'll be managing all the teams. So it sucks to begin with for pay but I have a real passion for business and people and it's in my hobby field of IT. I'm confident that in three to four months time I will have doubled my beginning salary. :)

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! And it sounds like a challenging and rewarding position, too. Good luck to you.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
*passes round the Beer and Skittles*

Go you!

I myself have been unemployed for a year and a half, though I was on medical disability. But now I'm studying a Retail course and should hopefully have a job by Christmas! Woo!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
*passes round the Beer and Skittles*

Go you!

I myself have been unemployed for a year and a half, though I was on medical disability. But now I'm studying a Retail course and should hopefully have a job by Christmas! Woo!
When you are ready to return to work, let me know. I finally figured out how to approach all the different fields. And while this one is sorta like my past work experience in HR, it's everything about what I do best, building a company and managing it's growth.

I never thought I'd be back doing it, but I love the feeling when everyone succeeds.

To everyone, I'm so grateful for you happiness on my behalf. I don't take it for granted for one minute. It's a hard time for most of us. I was out of work for 21 months before I got the part time work and it's been 25 months since a full time position.

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
That is awesome to hear. Congratulations!

congratulations-008.gif

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Cassiopeia, I am SO happy for you! I know you'll go a long way in restoring your poor employer's confidence in employees. And since it sounds like you'll love the job, that's even better.

Best wishes to you :Hug2:!