Can we swear here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
I want to put a snippet of my stuff on Share Your Work, but there are a good number of both S and F words. Are we okay to swear and/or are they blanked out? Do I risk angering a mod or getting blocked if I do?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Can we swear?

Fuck yes :D But note: YOu are expected to own your words. Swearing when appropriate is okay. Just littering posts with the f-bomb because you're lazy and can't be bothered to find a better way to express yoruself is not.

For SYW though, it's always helpful to out a language warning in the title or the beginning of the post, just to let people know what to expect. Same goes for adult content.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
You can post it as-is and all words show up as you wrote them, just be sure to add a warning in the title like this:
"My Snippet - 1,200 words (contains fowl language)"

Or should that be FOUL language - I'm still thinking of yesterday's derail...

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I think the unspoken rule is to use your discrection.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can we swear?

Fuck yes :D But note: YOu are expected to own your words. Swearing when appropriate is okay. Just littering posts with the f-bomb because you're lazy and can't be bothered to find a better way to express yoruself is not.

For SYW though, it's always helpful to out a language warning in the title or the beginning of the post, just to let people know what to expect. Same goes for adult content.

What teh sparkly pony girl sez, especially the part I bolded. :)

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, guys :)

Idiotball that I am, I forgot to put it in the subject header, but I put it at the top of the post before the snippet began, so hopefully that will suffice?

Deleted member 42

Thank you, guys :)

Idiotball that I am, I forgot to put it in the subject header, but I put it at the top of the post before the snippet began, so hopefully that will suffice?

You might want to take a peek at the Newbies Guide, which covers this stuff.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
As IRU said, post a warning about the language. Plus, always handy to read the Newbie guide and this gives me a chance to post the link. Here it is: The newbie guide.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
To play it safe, I just don't swear. :D I'd have to be extremely angry, and when I am, even when I'm angry with someone in the board, I just don't come to the board until I calm down.

I don't like to swear at other people.

When I started coming here, I was shocked by the amount of swearing I saw. It just goes to show that words are words and we are each responsible for our spoken and written words.

I mean, really....I swear! :evil

Status
Not open for further replies.