GOP insensitivity, and the need for good role models

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
I am apalled that the GOP county commissioner candidate in Kosciusko County in Indiana doesn't take his position more seriously and sets a better example for the citizens of that surely fine county...

http://www.bilerico.com/2010/08/clueless_politicians_best_twitter_revelation_ever.php

jonfussle-twitter.jpg

Barebacking a horse!?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. Some people will take any innocent comment they don't understand, conflate it with a sexual meaning, and accuse someone else of blasting announcements of their sexuality across Twitter for everyone to see.

Obviously, if this politician had even the slightest grasp of the sexual meaning of the term bareback, he would have phrased his initial post differently.

I'm not twitter-savy, but if I understand the whole thing correctly, @dturkette is an ass. This strikes me as a poor attempt at Beavis and Butthead humor.

"Ha, Ha! You said bareback!!!"

BFD. Oh, and bareback's sexual meaning is true for straight sex too, so the innuendo fails on several levels.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think deliberately misinterpreting the guys tweet was pretty juvenile. In context it was clear what he meant.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Um, I keep and ride horses fairly regularly, and I've heard people describe it simply as "barebacking" without having to refer to the horse. Of course, there's no practical reason to ride bareback these days, because we have these nifty things called saddles and stirrups. Maybe the guy wanted a lesson in why technology is good.