PDA

View Full Version : Women do it, Do men like it?

defyalllogic
08-03-2010, 07:11 AM
So I'm trying to write realistic responses and thoughts of male characters to women's "efforts" to be appealing.

So men, please give your honest opinions on some of the beautification that women do to appear more appealing.

Also, I've noticed that when I ask my husband or guy friends about many of these things they're not sure they even exist... are there things that just pass right by you or thing that you always notice (for better or worse)?

(and before the ranting, yes i know many of these things are done because they make the woman happy or some women aren't trying to please men.)

The list of things i know (could think) of:

High heels (they elongate our legs)
Pointy shoes
jewelery
Makeup
lip gloss
hair extensions
hair dye
moisturizing/lotion
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts
eyebrow waxing
ear piercing
skirts
dresses
push-up bras
undergarments that slim the puffy parts
thongs
matching undergarments
perfume
plastic surgery

Thanks so much for your time and help!

alleycat
08-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Just one red-blooded guy's opinion . . .

High heels (they elongate our legs) - Yes, if they're not ridiculously high
Pointy shoes - I like strappy shoes better, or sandals
jewelery - I like elegant but simple, and not so much that it looks snowy (say, Elizabeth Taylor)
Makeup - Just enough
lip gloss - As long as it doesn't match a fire truck
hair extensions - Weird, I always think a squirrel died
hair dye - This can be good or bad or very bad, depending on the color
moisturizing/lotion - Soft skin is nice
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - Yes on legs and underarms, the other would take some time to explain
eyebrow waxing -If I notice it they've done more than they should
ear piercing - Most modern women do; I don't notice very much. I do often notice their earrings
skirts - I have styles I like to see on a woman
dresses - Ditto
push-up bras - I don't really care
undergarments that slim the puffy parts - I'm not even sure I know what you're talking about
thongs - They're okay; any sexy undies are fun
matching undergarments - Not a big concern
perfume - Please, just a little
plastic surgery - No, unless it's actually needed. Boob job?--no.

There are a number of other items I could add to your list.

thothguard51
08-03-2010, 07:33 AM
This thread reminds me of when a guys wife or girl friend says. "do I look too fat in these jeans?" No matter how a man answers, he loses...

kuwisdelu
08-03-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm short, so I don't much care for them, but as far as looks alone go, I like them, I suppose.
Pointy shoes
I prefer rounder shoes..
jewelery
I like some, but simple and understated is best.
Makeup
Don't care much either way, but less is definitely better than more.
lip gloss
Meh.
hair extensions
NO.
hair dye
I like. I tend to prefer natural colors. But some girls can pull off the blue and neon orange better than others.
moisturizing/lotion
Huh? I moisturize. I don't understand.
Legs and pits, okay, but still not a dealbreaker. Lady parts, I like either way.
eyebrow waxing
Eh, as long as it's not a unibrow, I don't much care.
ear piercing
See jewelry.
skirts
Love 'em.
dresses
Love 'em.
push-up bras
Indifferent.
Nah. I prefer finding skin under clothes, even if it's a little puffier.
thongs
I actually prefer regular panties, as long as they're not granny panties.
matching undergarments
Preferable, but doesn't really matter.
perfume
Subtly.
plastic surgery
Some of the simple stuff? I don't really care. But if it's obvious? Ick.

defyalllogic
08-03-2010, 07:41 AM
well as long as you don't show said significant other your responses you should be all set.

but on that note, What goes through your head when you hear that question? or "how do I look?"

can you really not tell most that changes happened unless they're dramatic? do you really have no idea how to answer the question?

alleycat
08-03-2010, 07:44 AM
but on that note, What goes through your head when you hear that question? or "how do I look?"
I break out in a cold sweat if I hear "We need to talk about our relationship." That means I'm doing something wrong, I'm not going to be able to watch the baseball game in peace, and I'm not getting lucky tonight.

Cassiopeia
08-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Nah. I prefer finding skin under clothes, even if it's a little puffier.
*sigh* the good ones are always too young. ;)

Ineti
08-03-2010, 07:50 AM
I'll have a go and risk being pilloried for my answers...

High heels--I'm tall and generally like high heels on women, but my wife wears flats a lot so it's not really a big deal

Pointy shoes--They look uncomfortable, honestly. Narrow pointy shoes, I assume they crush your toes together? Ick.

jewelery--Whatever. Don't see jewelry being a factor, except maybe a nice choker on a toned neck.

Makeup--Depends on the woman. Less is better, I guess. Tammy Faye, fuggedaboutit.

lip gloss--Depends on the woman, I guess.

hair extensions--Eh. I like long hair, I like short hair. Depends on the woman.

hair dye--"And her hair shall be--what color should please God." Benedick's got the right answer there.

moisturizing/lotion--I guess smooth skin is preferable to flaky dry skin.

shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts--Personal preference is for shaved/waxed legs, shaved pits, and trimmed elsewheres.

eyebrow waxing--Not a factor. I guess no unabrows.

ear piercing--ear piercings are ok by me (I have one so I'd be a hypocrite otherwise). Other piercings on a case by case basis.

skirts--Sure.

dresses--Sure. Plenty to be said for shorts and jeans too.

push-up bras--Honestly, I'm a chest guy, so push up bras get a nod.

undergarments that slim the puffy parts--Not sure what this means.

thongs--I'll diplomatically say that some body types look good in thongs, and some don't.

matching undergarments--No complaints from me, though I wouldn't insist. :)

perfume--Subtle is better than overpowering.

plastic surgery--I guess? Fake boobs are probably unnecessary and usually scary if poorly done. Otherwise, whatever works for the woman. The mask-like botox look is kinda scary, depending on the woman.

Not addressed--tattoos--ok by me depending on what it is and where it is.

defyalllogic
08-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I didn't realize this was uncommon knowledge:

undergarments that slim the puffy parts--Not sure what this means.http://stylefrizz.com/img/lisse-leggings.jpg

funny link with more examples: http://www.themagicknickershop.co.uk/site/1642934/page/3116656

alleycat
08-03-2010, 08:02 AM
It was your terminology. Puffy usually means something else to a guy.

;-)

P.H.Delarran
08-03-2010, 08:13 AM
what about manicures and/or fake nails, polish?

kuwisdelu
08-03-2010, 08:22 AM
I prefer nail polish to fake nails.

In general, the less fake stuff, the better. Better to complement one's own body than try to replace/add to it.

Re: thinning undergarments:

I think it's better for the outer clothing to hide where there's some unwanted extra, rather than dishonest undergarments. At least when there's the possibility someone might end up under the clothing. Many big women don't seem to know how to dress themselves.* Tight clothing just plain doesn't look good on everyone. But a loose, flowing dress can look good on most everyone. ;) Just my feelings on the matter, though.

*Big guys, too, of course. There's a reason pants used to be worn at the natural waist rather than the hips.

Bing Z
08-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Anything marked with a :tongue means purely personal preference and therefore you're 101% likely able to do whatever in your story or use as counter evidence against your dear hubby.
High heels (they elongate our legs) Depends on relative heights :tongue
Pointy shoes I don't give a flying penny :tongue
jewelery Generally, yeah, but depends how expensive and who pays:tongue
Makeup Depending on how good she looks naturally :tongue
lip gloss Depending on how good her lips look...Don't mind but no black ones for the love of momma
hair extensions HUH??? What's happened to her natural hair?
hair dye As long as no bright red (and don't ask me to pay):tongue
moisturizing/lotion If her skin is dry, of course.
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts Generally yeah.
eyebrow waxing This is part of makeup thing, ain't it?
ear piercing Depends. Earlobe pierce, fine. Entire ear (5-8 holes etc) OMFG
skirts What's wrong with skirts?:tongue
dresses What's wrong with dresses?:tongue
push-up bras Better than silicon implants, I guess :tongue
undergarments that slim the puffy parts Sure, if she can't get rid of puffy parts and I can't either and I'm stuck with her and she's stuck with me. :tongue
thongs What's wrong with thongs? Other than without :tongue
matching undergarments --ditto--:tongue
perfume Depends on how good she smells without... and depends on how good the said perfume smells. :tongue
plastic surgery If after accidents, or if she were ugly but wealthy.

I should have put up more :tongue but I think you've got my point.

Gugland
08-03-2010, 08:33 AM
--and they "enhance" your posture, so to speak. So yeah, when appropriate.

Pointy shoes
--seriously?

jewelery
--meh

Makeup
--less is more in this dept. Some gals can wear a lot and make it look ok, but please, please, please don't ever make your entire face a different color from the rest of your skin!

lip gloss
--sometimes (though rarely) it's cute, but 95% of the time, no

hair extensions
--eww, no.

hair dye
--pointless

moisturizing/lotion
--yeah, sure.

--less is more when it comes to hair

eyebrow waxing
--I tend to notice eyebrows. And super long eyebrows (that go far past the outer edges of the eyes) is a bit of a turnoff for me. But, removing them completely and drawing them back on is worse!

ear piercing
--whatever, don't care.

skirts
--sure, especially on windy days (j/k)

dresses
--yeah sure.

push-up bras
--don't really care. Just don't jack 'em up so far they look like a flesh shelf....unless you actually WANT me to set my beer there.

--judging by the pics above, hell no!

thongs
--if you have the figure for it.

matching undergarments
--Actually, no. If I get to the "undergarment" stage, and they match, it tells me that the encounter was pre-ordained, and was not the result of all the witty, complimentary things I said during the evening. Either that, or she woke up that day and thought "some guy's gonna see my knickers today, I better make 'em match" ...which is equally a turnoff.

perfume
--if it's unique, then yes. If you wear something that smells the same as it does straight out of the bottle, rather than something that smells nice when it interacts with your skin, then no.

plastic surgery
--only to repair disfigurements from auto accidents, et al.

kuwisdelu
08-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Actually, no. If I get to the "undergarment" stage, and they match, it tells me that the encounter was pre-ordained, and was not the result of all the witty, complimentary things I said during the evening. Either that, or she woke up that day and thought "some guy's gonna see my knickers today, I better make 'em match" ...which is equally a turnoff.

Or she's as OCD as I am.

backslashbaby
08-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I had no idea we were supposed to wear pointy shoes!

:D

Gugland
08-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah I don't get the pointy shoe thing either. If a guy has to go all the way down to your shoes to find something attractive, then...well, y'know...y'mighta missed something

I think the face is the most important. Specifically the eyes, 'cause that's where guys have to focus their attention while they wait for you to look away, providing them a chance to steal a quick glimpse of your chest. Or so I've heard.

waylander
08-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Yeah, within reason. Not sexy if you can't walk properly in them

Pointy shoes
Not bothered

jewelery
Subtly done good, bling bad

Makeup
Again subtly done to enhance what is already there

lip gloss
OK

hair extensions
No

hair dye
Yes, provided the hair ends up all the same colour, not cool to leave the grey showing. Green/pink/whatever is an abomination

moisturizing/lotion
Good
legs and pits good, leave the lady bits untouched

eyebrow waxing
Not necessary unless you're Denis Healey
ear piercing
OK
skirts
If you have the legs for them
dresses
OK
push-up bras
OK. Understand that if you draw attention to 'em I'm going to look
I understand they may be necessary but they're not nice to take off
thongs
OK
matching undergarments
A nice thought
perfume
yes, nice but don't overdo it. I've have quite literally been nauseated by heavy perfume a couple of times
plastic surgery
Depends on what you've had done. Not a fan of fake boobs

Being European some of my responses may not be typical of US men

Wayne K
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
So I'm trying to write realistic responses and thoughts of male characters to women's "efforts" to be appealing.

So men, please give your honest opinions on some of the beautification that women do to appear more appealing.

Also, I've noticed that when I ask my husband or guy friends about many of these things they're not sure they even exist... are there things that just pass right by you or thing that you always notice (for better or worse)?

(and before the ranting, yes i know many of these things are done because they make the woman happy or some women aren't trying to please men.)

Pointy shoes
jewelery
Makeup
lip gloss
hair extensions
hair dye
moisturizing/lotion
eyebrow waxing
ear piercing
skirts
dresses
push-up bras
thongs
matching undergarments
perfume
plastic surgery

I love all of these if the woman puts the same effort into her personality. I don't care much for what pleases the eye anymore. It'll get ya in a lot of trouble.

If she makes me laugh and has a cute way of flirtomg, I don't care if she's in a sweatsuit....and that takes me in another direction altogether. Anything can be sexy if the person knows how to be sexy

Paul
08-03-2010, 02:47 PM

http://stylefrizz.com/img/lisse-leggings.jpg

funny link with more examples: http://www.themagicknickershop.co.uk/site/1642934/page/3116656

That was a deeply unsettling link.

As for the rest, the general rule is as natural as possible re:hair/ make-up. heels if properly worn, obviously skirts if legs are good/smooth, dresses always a winner. the rest 'meh', (given the rule that 'less is more') (of course excessive hair is always a no no.) except for the aforementioned 'undergarments' -OMFG.

citymouse
08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
High heels (they elongate our legs) YES
Pointy shoes NO
jewelery YES
Makeup YES BUT NO BLUE EYELINER BEFORE 6PM
lip gloss YES BUT NO BLACK PLEASE
hair extensions WHY NOT?
hair dye IF NEEDED
moisturizing/lotion THIS IS SEXY?
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts YES
eyebrow waxing YES
ear piercing DON'T CARE
skirts YES
dresses YES
push-up bras NO
undergarments that slim the puffy parts NO
thongs NO!
matching undergarments ONLY IF I GET TO SEE THEM
perfume YES, BUT SUBTLE
plastic surgery NO, UNLESS NEED FOR MEDICAL REASONS

Mr Flibble
08-03-2010, 03:57 PM
So, youse guys are saying no to the red hair? Bah! *dyes it redder*

FWIW , Old Man's answers.

High heels (they elongate our legs) yes
Pointy shoes - meh
jewelery - if tastful. He quite likes Celtic jewellery too.
Makeup - either very little (so you don't wake up the next morning and suddenly fail to recognise your girlfriend because she looks weird without it) or full Goth/Punk - think Toyah.
lip gloss - slimy
hair extensions - no
hair dye - Yup - he has a real thing for bright red hair(see above :D)r. No problems with any colours though.
moisturizing/lotion - Huh? How does he know whether they've used it unless he sees them using it? In other words - who cares? Are they hot?
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - legs/pits yes, lady parts no.
eyebrow waxing - Who cares how she trims her eyebrows? As long as they don't look like she's half chimp, method used is, as with moisturiser, a who cares moment.
ear piercing - yup
skirts - yup, if they have the legs for it, in which case, shorter is better :D
dresses - as above.
push-up bras - not so bothered. Not a boob man.
undergarments that slim the puffy parts - noooo, he like to know what he's getting into. See make up.
thongs - not usually. Maybe if it's Stacy Keibler....
matching undergarments - who cares. Are they coming off?
perfume - not too much please
plastic surgery - nothing too fake. Not a boob man, so no fake boobies please.

Said The Sun
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
This is probably the best thread on AW.

PeterL
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I started going into detail, but that would be a waste of time. Beautiful women should ot distract from their good points, and ugly women can't hide. The general principal is that minor things that enhance a woman's appearance are fine, but larger things detract.

StoryG27
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
This thread reminds me of when a guys wife or girl friend says. "do I look too fat in these jeans?" No matter how a man answers, he loses...
*gasp* Are you implying that women are manipulative creatures who put men in lose, lose situations just to torture them?! How dare you!
;)

http://stylefrizz.com/img/lisse-leggings.jpg

Wow. I have to get some of those. And a push up bra. Ehh, who am I kidding? I value my comfort and ability to breathe freely. Those are pretty miraculous though.

I will never wear pointy shoes. I have super long hair, so I don't need extensions, and I don't often wear makeup. If wasn't afraid of surgery, I'd totally go for plastic surgery.

defyalllogic
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Thank you all so much. I was actually expecting more "diplomatic" responses about inner beauty and how all these things women do don't actually enhance them but they think they do and they just seem silly... Very helpful.

I think some things, like moisturizing and waxing, are different if you witness them. my husband loves soft skin but hates the idea of lotion... he's also in the same camp as IdiotsRUs's hubby that lipgloss is slimy and ew.

Makeup is an enhancement unless it's left on your shirt after a hug.

rhymegirl
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
This has been a very informative thread. I've learned a lot.

But, despite what men prefer, I'll still do whatever makes me feel good.

I also think that many times women wear certain items/certain makeup looks in order to compete with other women. I think many women are very competitive when it comes to fashion/makeup/jewelry. We're not always wearing a certain look in order to please a man.

Kaiser-Kun
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
High heels (they elongate our legs) - I am generally oblivious to them. I tend to look up. :P
Pointy shoes - Like above.
jewelry - If it's discreet and emphazises the woman's features instead of concealing them. OUTTA THE WAY, DAMMIT. (http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?imgurl=http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_75x75.103212241.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php%3Fsearch_type%3Dall%26includes% 255B0%255D%3Dtags%26search_query%3Dceltic%2Bcrosse s%26view_type%3Dlist%26page%3D1%26ref%3Drelated&usg=__Ihft7ozMnZJTS_vG4j8nlyDVqps=&h=75&w=75&sz=3&hl=es&start=30&tbnid=-lipwei87jtUHM:&tbnh=71&tbnw=71&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcleavage%2Bnecklace%26um%3D1%26hl%3De s%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:es-ES:official%26biw%3D836%26bih%3D353%26tbs%3Disch:1 0%2C946&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=147&vpy=190&dur=1169&hovh=71&hovw=71&tx=74&ty=54&ei=SiBYTK2YO8qknQfGkKj7CA&page=4&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:30&biw=836&bih=353)
Makeup - Yes, as long as they don't look like emos or clowns.
lip gloss - Not so much. It's hard to get it off when they kiss you.
hair extensions - I find the lenght of the hair less important than the hairstyle.
hair dye - I like it. Personally, I prefer redheads.
moisturizing/lotion - Yes.
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - DEFINETELY.
eyebrow waxing - Eh?
ear piercing - I like girls with earrings.
skirts - Good.
dresses - Even better!
push-up bras - Yes.
undergarments that slim the puffy parts - Yes as well.
thongs - Yes, if they have the body for it.
matching undergarments - Yes, specially if they match colors.
perfume - Very important.
plastic surgery - NO!

defyalllogic
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
why do dresses seem to be better than skirts?

padnar
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
This has been a very informative thread. I've learned a lot.

But, despite what men prefer, I'll still do whatever makes me feel good.

I also think that many times women wear certain items/certain makeup looks in order to compete with other women. I think many women are very competitive when it comes to fashion/makeup/jewelry. We're not always wearing a certain look in order to please a man.

Sorry I wont agree. I am also a highly Independent woman ,but still I love when my hubby says I am beautiful. what i want to say is women loved to be told you are beautiful whether it is from men or other women that is a different issue
padma

scarletpeaches
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I see no shame in making an effort to look nice for your partner.

In fact I go so far as to say there's something wrong with you if you don't, because you're telling them they're not worth the effort. If you let yourself go, that's a slow-burn way of letting them go.

I'm not in a relationship but if I were, I would consult with him on hairstyles, clothes, makeup, etc. If anyone thinks that's anti-feminist, so be it. I wouldn't be in a relationship with anyone else, so no-one else's opinion would matter.

backslashbaby
08-03-2010, 07:16 PM
If we've been dating more than a couple of weeks, I'm not matching my underwear, though. Life's too short to have to match your bra and panties :D

And you dudes don't get the appeal of (some) high heels? How odd. Do I have to find a pic?

Kaiser-Kun
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
And you dudes don't get the appeal of (some) high heels? How odd. Do I have to find a pic?

I've always preferred superior quality.

badum-dish! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncrediblyLamePun)

Alpha Echo
08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I'll give you my husband's POV:

High heels (they elongate our legs) - he doesn't notice shoes or care
Pointy shoes - see above
jewelery - nothing too gaudy, but he likes to make sure the jewelry he gives me is the good stuff,
Makeup - as long as it's not caked on, he doesn't care. I hardly ever wear it
lip gloss - see above
hair extensions - he likes long hair, but this would be kind of like plastic surgery which he doesn't like
hair dye - as long as it's not a crazy color. He doesn't mind mine or really notice if I change the shade a tad
moisturizing/lotion - he likes me smelling good and being soft, so 2 thumbs up
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - do it - all of it (I do)
eyebrow waxing - I pluck mine. I don't think he cares as long as it's not overly done. I don't think he notices UNLESS it's overly done
ear piercing - double piercing would be all he could take
skirts - as long as it looks good, long or short (and short only if I'm out with him)
dresses - same as skirts
push-up bras - if someone needs them, they should wear them, but not if they don't
undergarments that slim the puffy parts - if needed, but he doesn't want to be with someone who needs them
thongs - doesn't care
matching undergarments - doesn't care
perfume - nothing too strong but doesn't care
plastic surgery - nope

Shadow_Ferret
08-03-2010, 07:43 PM
High heels (they elongate our legs) -- Yes. They often accentuate the calves
Pointy shoes -- Yuck. Only if you need to kill cockroaches in the corner. Otherwise, I prefer open toe.
jewelery -- doesn't do a thing for me
Makeup -- subtly applied, sure. If it looks like you were in a paint factory explosion, no.
lip gloss -- sure. Juicy looking lips are nice.
hair extensions -- why not just grow your hair?
hair dye -- only if you've gone prematurely grey, or to make you a red head
moisturizing/lotion -- am I going to notice that?
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts -- Yes! Please!
eyebrow waxing -- only if you have a unibrow that looks like a wooly caterpillar
ear piercing -- see jewelry comment
skirts -- yes, get to see your legs in heels
dresses -- see skirts
push-up bras -- that's your call
undergarments that slim the puffy parts -- again, your call
thongs -- if I'm seeing your thongs, it's only to get them off
matching undergarments -- um. why would I care?
perfume -- makes me sneeze
plastic surgery -- only if its to correct some gruesome flaw or injury

Alpha Echo
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
thongs -- if I'm seeing your thongs, it's only to get them off
matching undergarments -- um. why would I care?

My husband would like your answers and agree 100%.

rhymegirl
08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Sorry I wont agree. I am also a highly Independent woman ,but still I love when my hubby says I am beautiful. what i want to say is women loved to be told you are beautiful whether it is from men or other women that is a different issue
padma

Okay, maybe I should explain what I meant.

It's MY hair, MY body, MY skin, MY clothes. Of course it matters to me if my husband finds me attractive. But sometimes we differ on certain points. Maybe when I was first married, I would give in to what he wanted, but as I've gotten older, married longer, I'm doing what makes ME happy.

He has always said he prefers no makeup, but that's tough. I have uneven skin tones and I don't like the way it looks, so I use foundation to cover things up and make my skin look better. If I think I look good, then I have more confidence. That makes me happy.

Lip gloss/lipstick: I like it, he doesn't. So I try to just wear it when I'm going out to parties/special occasions or when he's not around.

He really likes long hair, so I've pretty much kept it long the whole time I've been married. But I got it cut shorter last August and he didn't dump me. :) And really, what difference does it make.

I do agree with him on the perfume issue. My mother taught me years ago to just dab a little bit of perfume on the wrists or behind the ear, just a little bit. Too much is just too powerful.

I wear almost no jewelry, just my wedding ring and occasionally a necklace. I'm one of those rare women who don't love jewelry.

I think pointy-toe shoes were a horrible invention. My toes can't take the cramping.

All in all, I think women have to do what pleases themselves.

Greenify13
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Awesome thread, I already know what my husband thinks of things, not really by asking just figuring it out over time. However this may help with writing!

I think hair length is worth a mention, or question, though I believe it depend on the person. Depends on their face and so forth...But some men do have a preference, like my husband prefers my long hair, if I were to chop it off I know he would be shocked and maybe sad by it's disappearance...

Chase
08-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I embrace diversity. The following are only personal preferences:

High heels (they elongate our legs): Yes, they draw attention and make women I know feel "dressy." Iím six-one; my first love was almost as tall, but said she was five-twelve. She looked terrific in heels even though taller than me.
Pointy shoes: No, didnít care for íem in the í60s; donít think theyíre attractive now.
Jewelry: Accessories for the occasion are great, but to me, simple and uncluttered looks best.
Makeup: Like poetry: go with the least required for the best effect.
Lip gloss: Not as subtle as I like. I have to read lips, and gloss is like bolding and italicizing everything. It gets to be too much.
Hair extensions: Not just no, but hell no!
Hair dye: Sure. As long as itís not neon and makes her feel good enough to hold her head high.
Moisturizing/lotion: Why not? Soft and smooth beats brittle and flaky any day.
Shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts: Less body hair is in style, so whatever isnít too painful, but natural hair doesnít bother me.
Eyebrow waxing: No, sorry. Too plastic.
Ear piercing: I like ladies with elegant ear studs or dangles, but more than one or two per ear seems overkill.
Skirts: Yes.
Dresses: Yes.
Push-up bras: No. Natural is far better.
Undergarments that slim the puffy parts: Unnecessary for me. Some parts are meant to be puffy.
Thongs: Awful! Iíve spent a lifetime keeping things out of my butt and would hate to wish the reverse on anyone else.
Matching undergarments: Only with see-through outer garments. Otherwise, who cares?
Perfume: Very light, subtly enhancing but not overpowering her own pheromones. If applied with a bucket, Iím at ten-foot-pole length until a few showers have cleared the air.
Plastic surgery: Only for restoring what accident or illness took away. If we're getting rid of stretch marks, why? I consider them something to be worn proudly like purple heart medals. If weíre talking breast "enhancements," bigger is definitely not better for all guys, especially not for me. Itís nice that nature made various sizes for some of us who think Dolly Partonís best attribute is her voice.
Tattoos: Small, secret, where they usually donít show.

rhymegirl
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Since I don't think anyone answered this, I'll take a stab at it.

I think a woman has to have a very small waist to look good in a skirt. If she doesn't, her tummy will be very apparent.

On the other hand, dresses can accentuate certain body parts and hide others.

Chris P
08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Of that list, dresses and skirts are the only things I really care about. I've had girlfriends who never shaved anything, never wore make up, etc and I've also had very "prissy" GFs who were mortified about their eyebrows (I'm with Kiaser--Eh?). Inner poise and confidence is WAY sexier than any window dressing. In fact, (generalization alert!) many women who fuss over their looks lack the inner poise; they don't feel beautiful inside unless their outsides are perfect. Therefore, a heavily fussed over woman can be a turn off.

Chris P
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Depends. A country sun dress is very appealing at a barbeque, but for business sophistication a skirt is sexier than anything ever.

jennontheisland
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm doing this from two point of views here, as a woman who dates both men and women...

I like tall girls. Guys I've dated like that I'm short. And I hate walking in the damn things.

Pointy shoes
Some girls like shoes, so if it makes them happy, I'm happy. But I don't like sqishing my toes.

jewelery
Again, some girls like it. I don't like to wear it, but if wearing it makes them happy, fine with me.

Makeup
Just a little please. I don't want it rubbing off on my face.

lip gloss
Doesn't this count as makeup?

hair extensions
Again, whatever makes them happy. I'm not going to not date someone because she's got extensions, but it does come off as a little high maintenance.

hair dye
Ubiquitous. My guess is that more women dye than don't. And I'm not sure if my streak counts as premature grey, but I don't colour it.

moisturizing/lotion
As long as it's not overly scented.

I don't really care either way about any parts. And neither have most of the men I've dated.

eyebrow waxing
You know, waxing your brow stretches skin and eyelids will sag earlier.

ear piercing
Good luck finding a woman who doesn't have them pierced. (and I'm sure someone will come out of the woodwork now to insist her's aren't, but I'm willing to bet she's the exception)

skirts
I find jeans accentuate the ass more, but some girls like wearing them.

dresses
As above.

push-up bras
Push up is fine, but the ones that bump you up from a B to a DD are false advertising and I won't wear them.

Here's a tip: don't wear things that squish your puffy parts and they won't look so puffy. That website and pic just shows panties that come up to the ribs. Gee, if the tight elastic is around my ribs and not my waist, you think it's not going to squish my waist?

thongs
Off please

matching undergarments
Meh.

perfume
Women smell good on their own.

plastic surgery
If it makes her happy.

RJK
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM

High heels (they elongate our legs)+++
Pointy shoes+
jewelery++
Makeup+++
lip gloss+++
hair extensions
hair dye+++
moisturizing/lotion +++
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts+++++
eyebrow waxing+
ear piercing+
skirts+++
dresses++
push-up bras ++++
undergarments that slim the puffy parts +++
thongs +++++
matching undergarments ++++
perfume++++
plastic surgery ?

I used to work in an office that provided disaster assistance to anywhere in the US and its territories. When Puerto Rico was hit with a hurricane, we imported a large number of Puerto Ricans to help us with the language barrier.
The women dressed to the nines. They made the other women in our office look like cleaning ladies. It wasn't long before our original female staff caught on and began upgrading their attire. The men followed suit. We became much more conscious of how we looked and everyone in the office upgraded their wardrobe, hairstyles, and general appearance.

quicklime
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM

High heels (they elongate our legs)--hot; they help elongate and also define calves, change the entire proportion of the leg. Super-stillettos just look silly though, suddenly what was hot now looks like Bambi in the "first ice" scene....

Pointy shoes--hate them, they look silly. If I had a talon fetish, maybe they'd be hotter, or if I wanted my wife to kill roaches and be able to reach them in corners

jewelery--pretty

Makeup--adds more contrast to the facial tones, covers imperfections, etc.

lip gloss--contrasting lips. dark can be hot = slutty, others hot just because again, they bring contrast

hair extensions--depends on hair; sexy hair is sexy hair, you can have it without extensions, or ruin it with them. Depends on the hair to start

hair dye--depends upon color and match to person. similar to extensions and lip gloss, can be good pretty, good slutty, or just bad

moisturizing/lotion --soft is good

shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts --soft is good

eyebrow waxing --thin are feminine/sexy, pencil scrawls are creepy

ear piercing--neutral, more for women I think

skirts--can see legs. More leg = hotter ;-)

dresses--long skirts; cocktail dresses sexy, show curves

push-up bras--show off boobs; if the woman shows her boobs, it's an encouraging sign

undergarments that slim the puffy parts--thin is "in"

thongs -- they suggest the wearer is not on her way to Bible camp

matching undergarments--a sexy tease

perfume--smells good

plastic surgery--not much of a fan

a girl can be "julia Roberts/Sandra bullock hot" or "Pam Anderson/Christina Ricci hot" (girl next door, or whore across town) and different guys will appreciate, one, the other, or both.

I think for example that julia roberts in pretty woman was very hot in the red dress scene, done elegant and tasteful. But a girl with fishnets, a micro-mini, and black lipstick can be damn hot too. On the other hand, the second one is more easily overplayed and can lead to caricature when girls overdo it....you've all seen it

quicklime
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM

I think a woman has to have a very small waist to look good in a skirt. If she doesn't, her tummy will be very apparent.

I'd add a dress or skirt can look bad or good, and they can both look good as in "slutty sexy" or "refined".

I like short skirts and I also like sundresses. But there are so many styles of either I would have difficulty saying I like one better, that's like saying a car is better than a truck, without regard to model or usage.

kaitiepaige17
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I love this thread LOL. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten into a blond vs. brunette battle! :P I like seeing the guys' responses. I've been dating my guy for 3 years now, but still get dressed up for him. Not every day, but I do think it's important because I know he likes it. Plus, it keeps things fresh and us wanting each other. He's the same way; when we go out on a date he wears button ups and cologne , but I also love the sweaty, just got back from the gym 'him'. YUMMMMM! :D

rhymegirl
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I love this thread LOL. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten into a blond vs. brunette battle!

No, so far I've mostly read these guys prefer redheads.

trocadero
08-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I need to ask a dumb question. When you say 'lady parts' do you mean the removal of ALL hair there?

Did I miss a memo that we were supposed to do this? Should I blame my mother for poor instruction in the womanly ways?

At any rate, I'm not doing it - for reasons related to pain and esthetics. Each to her own of course.

I've really enjoyed reading the responses! Fun thread!

Charles Farley
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Answser: NO . . . . . and then quietly but quickly leave the room. . . ;)

defyalllogic
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I need to ask a dumb question. When you say 'lady parts' do you mean the removal of ALL hair there?

i meant general grooming, some, all, most, whatever that means to you. different styles for different people, like eyebrows...

Chris P
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
I love this thread LOL. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten into a blond vs. brunette battle! :P I like seeing the guys' responses. I've been dating my guy for 3 years now, but still get dressed up for him. Not every day, but I do think it's important because I know he likes it. Plus, it keeps things fresh and us wanting each other. He's the same way; when we go out on a date he wears button ups and cologne , but I also love the sweaty, just got back from the gym 'him'. YUMMMMM! :D

You've hit on something; I was responding in the sense of "what do I notice in a woman I don't know" but it's different with a woman I'm involved with. I enjoy dressing up for her and even (gak!) wearing cologne and she'll put on an outfit I like. Doing it for each other is totally different.

And brunettes. The darker the hair the better.

Cassiopeia
08-03-2010, 11:00 PM

I'm a skirt girl. I'm to short-waisted for most dresses so I've learned the fine art of skirt wearing. :)

Wayne K
08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Dear agent,

I will do all of the following for representation.

Pointy shoes
jewelery
Makeup
lip gloss
hair extensions
hair dye
moisturizing/lotion
eyebrow waxing
ear piercing
skirts
dresses
push-up bras
thongs
matching undergarments
perfume
plastic surgery

Thanks so much for your time and attention.

Its a first draft

Wayne K
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Should I do a short synopsis of the book in a P.S?

maggi90w1
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Makeup--adds more contrast to the facial tones
Does it? IMO faces with makeup look kinda plain and contrastless, because the skin has the same tone/color everywhere. I like that facial skin is lighter or darker in certain areas. It adds... you know... contrast.
But maybe we're not even talking about the same thing.

Chris P
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Does it? IMO faces with makeup look kinda plain and contrastless, because the skin has the same tone/color everywhere. I like that facial skin is lighter or darker in certain areas. It adds... you know... contrast.

My 14 yo daughter wanted me to buy her the expensive mail-order makeup because "it doesn't look like you are wearing makeup." She caught herself and laughed when she realized what she'd said.

RainyDayNinja
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Here's my 2 cents:

They might look a little nicer, but high heels are so impractical that I wouldn't be interested in a woman who thought it was worth all that trouble.

Pointy shoes
Is that something women do? I honestly wouldn't notice.

jewelery
A small, conservative necklace and watch/bracelet could be nice, but anything more than that is going overboard.

Makeup
Maybe a tiny bit of eyeshadow, but I'd rather see imperfect skin than something artificial.

lip gloss
See above. Too fake

hair extensions
If you want longer hair, grow it out, and do what you can with what you have in the meantime.

hair dye
Highlights are good, or crazy colors if you want to go for a punk rock look, but dyeing to a completely different, but still normal, hair color usually clashes with the complexion and just looks off.

moisturizing/lotion
If your skin needs it, go ahead. I might not notice either way. But the act of actually putting on the lotion is another story entirely...

Definitely a plus.

eyebrow waxing
If you look like Groucho Marx, it's probably a good idea. Other than that, I probably wouldn't notice.

ear piercing
Not a fan.

skirts
Definitely good. I think skirts enhance the natural mysteriousness of a woman by hiding the legs more than pants do. Or something like that. But keep it to loose, flowing skirts, not tight skirts.

dresses
See above.

push-up bras
I'm not much of a boob buy myself, so I say if that's not your strength, draw attention to something else.

I guess it's good for a guy that's never going to see you with your clothes off, but otherwise I think I'd feel cheated.

thongs
Pointless and probably uncomfortable. If I can see your underwear while you're still dressed, that's just trashy. If I can see a girl's underwear because she's NOT dressed, then we're already past the point of no return.

matching undergarments
See above.

perfume
Subtle is good.

plastic surgery
Definitely no.

rhymegirl
08-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm a skirt girl. I'm too short-waisted for most dresses so I've learned the fine art of skirt wearing. :)

I never ever ever wear skirts. Not since I was in high school. (so I'm a dress girl)

Someone here mentioned jeans as being flattering on women. I agree. They make jeans in all different sizes and styles so we're bound to find a pair that look great!

kuwisdelu
08-03-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm kind of "meh" on jeans. But we live in a world now, I guess, where if I walk around in cotton pants and a button-down instead of jeans and a t-shirt, I get people asking me why I'm "so dressed up." Sigh.

quicklime
08-03-2010, 11:36 PM

depends how it is done....usually girls put on foundation, then they may add color to cheeks, they do to eyes, lips, etc......

rhymegirl
08-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm kind of "meh" on jeans. But we live in a world now, I guess, where if I walk around in cotton pants and a button-down instead of jeans and a t-shirt, I get people asking me why I'm "so dressed up." Sigh.

Well, I don't mean that women/men should wear jeans all the time.

But it really depends on what people do for a living. Some of us work from home. Some take care of kids during the day. I have no reason to wear dresses unless I'm going out to dinner, going to a wedding, etc.

Gary
08-03-2010, 11:54 PM
High heels (they elongate our legs)-If not extremely high

Pointy shoes-no, I prefer open shoes

Jewelry-if not overly gaudy

Makeup-not too much

lip gloss-yes

hair extensions-no

hair dye-okay, but not a big deal

moisturizing/lotion-yes

shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts-absolutely!

eyebrow waxing-yes

ear piercing-okay if only done once

skirts-yes!

dresses-yes!

push-up bras-depends on how much is being pushed up, and how high

undergarments that slim the puffy parts-no!

thongs-hate Ďem!

matching undergarments-okay

perfume-only if applied lightly, and I hate some fragrances

plastic surgery-okay if not overdoneÖwife had a breast lift and it looks fantastic!

jennontheisland
08-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Well, I don't mean that women/men should wear jeans all the time.

But it really depends on what people do for a living. Some of us work from home. Some take care of kids during the day. I have no reason to wear dresses unless I'm going out to dinner, going to a wedding, etc.
With one exception, I've managed to avoid dresses completely for the last .... 2 years? I don't even wear them to dinner or weddings. And the company Christmas party was a pantsuit too. I don't have to bother waxing my legs if I just wear suits. Or jeans. ;)

Paul
08-04-2010, 03:33 AM
With one exception, I've managed to avoid dresses completely for the last .... 2 years? I don't even wear them to dinner or weddings. And the company Christmas party was a pantsuit too. I don't have to bother waxing my legs if I just wear suits. Or jeans. ;)

You're...you're female...?

I kinda thought, well assumed, you know, because of your caustic wit and general bad assed attitude, well...

(kiddin, I'm kiddin. :D)

defyalllogic
08-04-2010, 03:35 AM
jenn on the island...

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 03:36 AM
No, so far I've mostly read these guys prefer redheads.

I LOVES me red heads. Its a personal taste issue for me and not because I find Reds to be sexier or open to adventure more than blonde's, brunettes or baldies...

I've dated them all. Hair color does not make the woman...

jennontheisland
08-04-2010, 03:41 AM
You're...you're female...?

I kinda thought, well assumed, you know, because of your caustic wit and general bad assed attitude, well...

(kiddin, I'm kiddin. :D)
huh, and here I figured it was the steel toed boots.

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 03:56 AM
well as long as you don't show said significant other your responses you should be all set.

can you really not tell most that changes happened unless they're dramatic? do you really have no idea how to answer the question?

Ohhh, I have opinions - very firm opinions based on my likes and dislikes, but that was sort of not the question asked.

Do I appreciate my GF for all she does, yes, and more than likely not enough. But I prefer she does things for herself and I just happen to benefit from her efforts.

Do I appreciate someone like Heidi Montag or Pamela Anderson and all they have done to make themselves attractive - NOPE. But do I like to look at their Playboy shots? Sure, but that is a different question.

Of all the stuff listed, how come there is no appreciate for anything other than physical attributes, which really are shallow - to a point. Not to say I do not have preferences, but like anything else in life, they change with age and experience...

Paul
08-04-2010, 04:05 AM

ouch!

again, ahem, kiddin....

defyalllogic
08-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Of all the stuff listed, how come there is no appreciate for anything other than physical attributes, which really are shallow - to a point. Not to say I do not have preferences, but like anything else in life, they change with age and experience...

based on what I'm writing, I'm interested in "visible effort". she comes in for the date or he sees her at a party. what does he think of the heels, the hair, the shoes, the noticeable (or not) effort she put in to appear appealing.

And inner beauty is very subjective. It's a character, I'll make that up based on what the story requires.

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 06:26 AM
based on what I'm writing, I'm interested in "visible effort". she comes in for the date or he sees her at a party. what does he think of the heels, the hair, the shoes, the noticeable (or not) effort she put in to appear appealing.

And inner beauty is very subjective. It's a character, I'll make that up based on what the story requires.

OK, this is different from what you asked. This sounds like a first meeting. Was it a planned first date, or random meeting. The reason I ask is the guys "Appreciation," level is going to be different.

Planned date...he is more than likely worried about the same things she is worried about...Did I shave close enough, does my breath stink, are my shoes clean, does my jacket hand right? Both are more than likely going to appreciate the effort the other puts into this first date. Maintaining that level of first impression is going to be hard though. During the chase, everything is special...

Random encounter, I think it not "appreciation," but hormones that rise to the occasion in both sexes. I can't ever remember meeting a woman in public, at a bar, club, sporting event or grocery shopping and thinking how appreciative I was of the way she dressed. If anything, more than likely I was thinking, "Damn she's hot with legs all the way to her shoulders." The same could be said about women..." Damn he's hot and has a nice ass in those jeans, or I really like the rugged cut of his jaw, or his eyes are dreamy." Not sure in a random encounter anyone is feeling appreciative...

Hope this helps, but hey...I am an old fart and set in my ways.... lol.

Gugland
08-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I gotta ask: what the hell does " does my jacket hand right?" mean?

defyalllogic
08-04-2010, 08:20 AM
OK, this is different from what you asked. This sounds like a first meeting. Was it a planned first date, or random meeting. The reason I ask is the guys "Appreciation," level is going to be different.

it's just planning currently. there will likely be both.

but i'm not asking about appreciation of her efforts but her appeal as a target/object/subject. i'm asking about appeal. sex appeal. stand out in a crowd appeal. take a second look appeal. she chooses her attire according to standards of what will make a plain-woman-canvas a work of art. by doing the things on that list is she actually now more appealing or just dressed differently? (or even if it's how she looks all the time, does that mean she always looks generally appealing?)

in general what do men think of these kind of color-by-number enhancements. but i'm not thinking about what he thinks about HER but the clothes, the shoes, the hair. i don't want to outline the character or the scene, just have realistic reactions.

really everyone was on the right track with superficial opinions. slimy, uncomfortable, sexy, scheming, etc.

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I gotta ask: what the hell does " does my jacket hand right?" mean?

My AC is out and I didn't catch the typo...should read, hang right...

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Have I been stimulated by what a woman does to enhance her appearance. In a word - hell yes. OK, two words...

backslashbaby
08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Anybody else get a 'Men's Nylon Panties' ad at the top of this post?

:ROFL:

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I am constantly amazed by how the ads often match the thread, but men's nylon panties?

Gugland
08-04-2010, 09:01 AM
My AC is out and I didn't catch the typo...should read, hang right...

Oh, okay. I was wondering if I missed yet another of those things that everyone else seems to know.

Like when I was being fitted for a tux for my dads fourth wedding. The tailor asked me "do you dress right, or left?" I thought for a second. Well, I always put on my left pantleg first, and my left shirtsleeve, and my left shoe...so I said "left."

He knelt down, looked at my crotch, and said "no, you dress right."

"Holy shit" I thought, "this guy can tell things about me that I don't even know, just by glancing at my Johnson."

/derail

thothguard51
08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I had a woman tailor inform me that I dressed to the right...

I thought she was flirting with me...

Not to derail the thread, but I wonder if women's breast dress left - right- or are they neutral dressers?

Mr Flibble
08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Like when I was being fitted for a tux for my dads fourth wedding. The tailor asked me "do you dress right, or left?"

A mate of mine takes pleasure in announcing 'both actually'

TMI incoming. If you're squeamish you may wish to look away.

He used to be a bouncer and one of his testicles was stabbed off. Yes you read that right. It appears that when you lose a testicle, sometimes the other one, um, grows to fit the space. Which is why we call him Space Hopper. It also means that when he, er, dresses, his space hopper goes one way and his, um, Johnson goes the other, otherwise his space hopper sits on the seam and it really chafes.

It doesn't half surprise tailors though!

i'm asking about appeal. sex appeal. stand out in a crowd appeal. take a second look appeal.In the words of the Old Man: Unless he's just idly looking, attitude is everything. She can be the hottest babe on the planet, if she's not confident in herself, or she's vacant in the head, he won't fancy her. If she is confident in herself and has an interesting brain, then the rest comes into play. But by then it's just 'oh, bonus!' BUt as far as he's concerned, confidence - without overdoing it - is THE sexist thing a woman can do for herself to make her attractive

DavidZahir
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
High heels (they elongate our legs) They're okay.
Pointy shoes Don't do much for me, but unless extreme I have no problem with them.
jewelery Good jewelry is lovely. I wear some myself (usually rings).
Makeup It does enhance appearance, but can be easily overdone.
lip gloss I've no real opinion on it.
hair extensions They're okay.
hair dye I've friends who prefer to dye their hair. It sometimes looks very good. So why not? In our society gray hair in women is something of a stigma, unfortunately.
moisturizing/lotion Always in favor. I do it myself, being quite fair and living in a desert (Los Angeles). And yes, healthy skin is sexier.
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts I like this.
eyebrow waxing No real opinion.
ear piercing Again, no real opinion.
skirts Can be quite fetching, especially if you like legs (as I do).
dresses Ditto.
push-up bras Aesthetically pleasing now and then.
undergarments that slim the puffy parts Not entirely sure what this means.
thongs Honestly, they can be attractive but then they also can look extremely uncomfortable.
matching undergarments That is nice.
perfume Good perfume is lovely.
plastic surgery Um...could you be a tad more specific? I am more sympathetic to things like face lifts, but I cannot deny sometimes the effect is pleasing when done just right (i.e. Keira Knightly, Paula Abdul). And I don't object to less-than-ginormous breast implants, but would never insist anyone get them.

glutton
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
High heels (they elongate our legs) - don't like, look too impractical and uncomfortable
Pointy shoes - also look uncomfortable, and sometimes give off a harsh/serious vibe
jewelery - don't mind, it can be pretty
Makeup - fine if it looks natural
lip gloss - if not too bright, see above
hair extensions - usually can't tell they're fake so yes if the hairstyle looks better long
hair dye - depends if the color suits the woman
moisturizing/lotion - yes, healthier skin is better
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - depends on the woman
eyebrow waxing - wouldn't notice
ear piercing - don't mind either way
skirts - yes
dresses - depends on the dress
push-up bras - sometimes
undergarments that slim the puffy parts - I like the girls who weigh 299 lbs, so no
thongs - yes
matching undergarments - don't matter
perfume - no
plastic surgery - eww

rhymegirl
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
undergarments that slim the puffy parts.Not entirely sure what this means.

See post number 9 on the first page of this thread.

Chase
08-04-2010, 11:00 PM
See post number 9 on the first page of this thread.

I missed those photos, and I'm shocked . . . shocked, I tell you! There are innocent children gazing at that porn (and laughing their heads off).

Anyway, the "puffiness" on the far left model looks just fine to me.

As one who's always been homely, I gave up trying to look good ages ago. I'm sure glad that it's more okay for a guy to get by just being neat and clean. I feel sorry for the push to be ravishingly beautiful both men and women have forced on the gals.

Sheila Muirenn
08-04-2010, 11:57 PM
It was your terminology. Puffy usually means something else to a guy.

;-)

What does puffy mean to a guy? :Wha:

Kaiser-Kun
08-05-2010, 12:03 AM

Little dog also known as cub.

Chase
08-05-2010, 02:13 AM

I've heard "puffies" used to refer to cone-shaped areola-and-nipples, not yet formed into the more common pencil eraser shape.

Of course, this was overheard from trash-talking brothers.

Chase, the good son

defyalllogic
08-05-2010, 02:19 AM
i have never heard that!

...today I learned lost.

Sheila Muirenn
08-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Oh...Puffy!

Dog. Puppy.

....Yeah, I get it.

:o

Charles Farley
08-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Thats actually attractive on women. To keep the thread going. Kinda roughly sexy, ya know?

writeronfire
08-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Do you like THIS kind of boots?

<---------------

Hallen
08-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry, I know this is a bit old, but it looks like fun. Some of these answers would depend on the woman (like most of the responses about thongs). Also, these things are not the only things. A woman can have aspects that I don't find attractive, but I can easily overlook that if she is the kind of person I want to be with. Yeah, that sound bad, but it's a biological thing being overruled by intelligence, so it can't be all bad. :)

High heels (they elongate our legs) - Yes. They make the fanny look better too in a lot of cases. Also, guys call them "come f*ck-me pumps" so yeah, you get the idea. So, I like them, but they aren't required at all.
Pointy shoes - not so much. Reminds me of the wicked witch of the west.
jewelery - A little bit is nice.
Makeup - A little bit is nice.
lip gloss - No. Hairs stick to it. Looks fake.
hair extensions - No. It's completely fake. It's like stuffing tissue in your bra.
hair dye - natural colors, yes. Hiding the gray is good. Yes, it's fake, but it is just an enhancement.
moisturizing/lotion - Yes. Smooth, soft skin is sexy.
shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - yes, mostly.
eyebrow waxing - Yes, as long as you're just constraining the hair and not ripping it all off and painting eyebrows back on. I think the painted ones are gross. (I pluck my eyebrows too. If I didn't they'd grow half way down my nose. It makes me feel less awkward and I'm pretty sure it looks better without the extra being there.)
ear piercing - one, maybe two, but no more. No other piercings. Nose nuggets look like buggers.
skirts - Yes. Skirts with no undies is especially sexy at times. But a nice skirt that fits the woman well is very pretty.
dresses - same as skirts
push-up bras - Mostly no. It's like tissue in the bra.
undergarments that slim the puffy parts - Yeah, it's OK. I'd prefer it not be needed, but you also don't want the muffin effect. It would be better to choose a wardrobe that was more appropriate where the girdles won't be needed.
thongs - Depends on the woman. Mostly no.
matching undergarments - I appreciate when it is done and I can unwrap my gifts, but it isn't a necessity.
perfume - Just a light touch. I am hyper sensitive to it and if you put on too much, I'll be gagging and snot will start dripping out of my nose. Being stuck in an elevator with a woman who bathes in cheap perfume is torture.
plastic surgery - No, unless it is to correct something that bothers the woman a lot. Fake boobs, no. You see fake ones in porn all the time and I find them unattractive. Breast reduction for comfort and shape, yes. But this is 100% the woman's call.

For an initial, wow -- look at that one, kind of thing,yeah, all of that stuff you can see helps. But it doesn't last if it's mostly fake.

Charles Farley
08-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Do you like THIS kind of boots?

yup . . . and the dress . . . .:evil

Horserider
08-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Fascinating thread. :D

You mean pointy shoes were invented to attract men? Always wondered what in the world those things were supposed to be for. *still doesn't get the appeal*

Good luck finding a woman who doesn't have them pierced. (and I'm sure someone will come out of the woodwork now to insist her's aren't, but I'm willing to bet she's the exception)

I donít and my mom doesnít, and we most likely are probably the exception. I refuse to because I donít like the ideas of needles anywhere near my face or the idea of my ears getting infected (I know itís preventable, I just donít like that itís possible). I just donít think theyíre worth the maintenance. Plus Iíve heard some ear piercing horror stories and that didnít help.

I know this is an older thread, but I have a few more to consider. (These might be all teen things, I'm not sure.)

Flip flops
Tank tops
Short shorts
Piercings besides the ears

(I know girls that wear the first three in winter. When there's a foot of snow on the ground.)

rhymegirl
08-10-2010, 01:32 AM
I donít and my mom doesnít, and we most likely are probably the exception. I refuse to because I donít like the ideas of needles anywhere near my face or the idea of my ears getting infected (I know itís preventable, I just donít like that itís possible). I just donít think theyíre worth the maintenance. Plus Iíve heard some ear piercing horror stories and that didnít help.

I'm with you on all of this. I've never had my ears pierced.

KTC
08-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Pointy shoes
jewelery
Makeup
lip gloss
hair extensions
hair dye
moisturizing/lotion
eyebrow waxing
ear piercing
skirts
dresses
push-up bras
thongs
matching undergarments
perfume
plastic surgery

High heels (they elongate our legs) - I think "Are you insane! Comfort before all else!"

Pointy shoes - okay

jewelery - whatever

Makeup - hate it

lip gloss - gloopy animal goo. hate it...whatever it's made of.

hair extensions - Um...no. it's not your hair. get rid of it

hair dye - whatever

moisturizing/lotion - whatever

shaving/waxing legs, pits, lady parts - yes, yes, no

eyebrow waxing - whatever

ear piercing - whatever

skirts - whatever

dresses - whatever

push-up bras - whatever

undergarments that slim the puffy parts - whatever

thongs - whatever

matching undergarments - whatever

perfume - whatever...floral is a big no-no. patchouli and the like a big yes-yes.

plastic surgery - ABSOLUTELY NOT. i find it repulsive.

For what it's worth...there are my answers.

bylinebree
08-11-2010, 04:32 AM
IdiotsRus...thothguard...
:ROFL:!!!