Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Today was the last day of the annual gay pride in Stockholm, Sweden, and it ended with a big parade.

For some strange reason Stockholm Pride is the biggest in Europe. Bigger than London's, bigger than Berlin's, bigger than Paris'.

40 000 people walked in the parade, and over 350 000 people lined the streets to watch. Fortunately, there were no reports of violence anywhere - which is always a possibility, particularly from extreme right-wing groups. You should know that Stockholm has only about 1.2 million people, so a good portion of the city's population came out to watch.

Pictures:

http://www.qx.se/pride/14902/40-000-gick-i-prideparaden

Swedes are a chilly lot that are hard to get to know, and who keep their distance, a fact that many visitors and foreigners find when in the country. But the formal and coolly polite attitude drop at the sight of a rainbow flag. Then the swedes party like there's nothing else.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've walked in a Gay Pride parade before - not because I was gay, but because 2 of my friends were and wanted to go in it.

Of course, this was in Adelaide, where the entire parade was probably only about 1000 people, with probably no more than 3000 watching. And that's being generous with the numbers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.