What are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygenius

...sides? I was asked if I had any that i wanted read for this interview/casting session I have to go to next week. This is for a sketch show by the way. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Og

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Sides are snippets of a script. Usually a page or two. If it's a shoot script, it's the pages that would be shot that day on the set. If it's a casting call, it would be the dialogue the actors must act out in an audition... Basically an excerpt of a TV or film script.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
"Sides: These are the lines from the script that you'll be using for your audition. They can be anywhere from four lines to fourteen pages, maybe more, depending on the part you're up for."

It's pretty much what maestro said, but I've really only come across it in audition situations.

Oxygenius

Thank you all very much. I went and had my material read. Went well.

Og

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
pconsidine said:
It's pretty much what maestro said, but I've really only come across it in audition situations.

They call them "sides" on the set as well. They tell the cast and crew what scenes are being shot that day, and the actors could use the sides to brush up their lines (and the crew use the sides to prepare themselves for the shoot).

Status
Not open for further replies.