About.com "Guides"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking4Guidance

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the site, so please forgive my new-ness. Yesterday I was reading a thread about people who had applied to About.com for the position of "guide." I found the info. really helpful, but now I cannot seem to find it to read more. Any suggestions?
Also - to anyone who has applied to About.com (or has any experience w/ them).....a question......I applied to be a guide (for one of their more obscure medical topics) about 7 or 8 weeks ago. So far, I have heard nothing. I know many have had a similar expereince. Even though they say they will respond to all applicants eventually, I am wondering if I should just give up at some point and assume that they are never going to review my application (i.e., do some applications just end up lost in cyber space??).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, info, etc.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Looking4,

The About.com thread is in the SEO/Content/Blog Networks subsection of AW. Insofar as response times goes, it varies-I applied for two different topics and was turned down for both. The first rejection came in about two months after I applied, the second took about six months. I think you can check the status of your application on the About.com site by plugging in your e-mail...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.