Fashion Question for the girls or guys who care about such things

rosewood

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking today after putting on my cropped jacket and tight under shirt that pulls down beyond my jacket that this look might be outdated. Like too 2000. I don't want to become one of those women in the office who are stuck in a certain year like 1985 with high hair-sprayed bangs the length of a hand so I wanted to ask the gals on here what they thought.

DianeL

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianelmajor.blogspot.com
Boleros are currently in, so if the cut on your jacket is a fairly soft one, it would work - particularly if the tee underneath is long-waisted. I've seen a lot of knit boleros in the past two years, and actually have two sort of crochet shrugs, so the short-over-long is good. However, if your jacket is very structured, or made of a denim style not currently in vogue, it may get iffy.

Funny you mention clue-catcher bangs. I was blogging about age and style just recently and wanted to link an image. Had the HARDEST time finding one, though. I was amazed. I tried image searches for clue-catcher, clue-catcher bangs, 80s bangs, even spiral perms. I finally found one, but was almost impressed at how difficult that was!

*Is 42*
*Regularly shocks people with this fact*
*Has neither spiral perm nor clue-catchers; not even a Swatch*

Just for fun: http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/2010/07/speaking-of-blather.html

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
boleros are cool. I know this because I went out to lunch yesterday with a Very Cool Friend and she wore a bolero.

I wore my tracksuit.

(Alright, no I didn't - but I might as well have....)

Last edited:

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing the jacket and top in question, but my first thought is - nope. Not dated. Loads of people are going with the tight under-shirty thing with a cropped jacket over the top :)