PDA

View Full Version : PN go vroom!!!

Project nachonaco
07-29-2010, 10:56 PM
In other words, I have a car.

One I cannot yet drive, as the insurance hasn't been added for it.

BLAAAHGHHGH.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-29-2010, 10:58 PM
A word of advice from an insurance professional: the ticket you get today... you think it's over and done when you pay the fine? It's not. You'll pay for it forever in higher insurance premiums.

Project nachonaco
07-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey, OFG, how long does it typically take for insurance to go through?

Cella
07-29-2010, 11:12 PM
you can typically call your insurance company and have them email you proof immediately. That has been my experience, anyway.

Yeshanu
07-30-2010, 12:10 AM
A word of advice from an insurance professional: the ticket you get today... you think it's over and done when you pay the fine? It's not. You'll pay for it forever in higher insurance premiums.

Or if you ditch the car after doing circles on glare ice...

Congrats, PN. Happy (and safe) motoring!

tjwriter
07-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Yes, please drive like there is grey matter between your ears. Too many people around this area don't. I have near panic attacks most mornings on the way to work because I'm afraid people are going to hit each going into the construction zone at Fulton.

Last week, I didn't witness it, but I got to drive past a four car fender bender where someone didn't stop in time.

Brake early and leave plenty of room. There's no reason you should be able to clean your teeth in the reflection from someone else's bumper.

Project nachonaco
07-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Yes, please drive like there is grey matter between your ears. Too many people around this area don't. I have near panic attacks most mornings on the way to work because I'm afraid people are going to hit each going into the construction zone at Fulton.

Last week, I didn't witness it, but I got to drive past a four car fender bender where someone didn't stop in time.

Brake early and leave plenty of room. There's no reason you should be able to clean your teeth in the reflection from someone else's bumper.

For the love of God, do NOT mention Fulton.

When the heck are they supposed to get done with that anyway?

tjwriter
07-30-2010, 01:24 AM
October if they stay ahead of schedule.

Project nachonaco
07-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Sweet, sweet.

Also, (stupid question incoming), would a TomTom work with my car or is it too old?

tjwriter
07-30-2010, 01:35 AM
The GPS unit is standalone from your vehicle, so it shouldn't matter.

Yeshanu
07-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Sweet, sweet.

Also, (stupid question incoming), would a TomTom work with my car or is it too old?

You shouldn't be drumming and driving at the same time...