Ebook software and linking to site?

COOLORANGEFREEZE

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I've read some threads and found that calibre will convert pdf to ebook format.

1.) I am mainly interested in kindle, ipad, and nook. Lightning Source (my printer) will utilize files for Microsoft reader, Adobe ebook, and Palm reader to create ebooks.

Do you recommend calibre or any other ebook converter?

2.) If I use calibre would I just link their site to my site and then customers would buy it through calibre and I would get a percentage?

3.) Is there a way to convert my book to ebook and give customers the option to download it from my site exclusively and thereby create more revenue for me?

Thanks

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Calibre is free software to create ebooks. You have to find some other site through which to distribute/sell the books you create. You can put the ebook file you create anywhere you want, but if you plan to sell it through your own site, you're going to have to do all the work of setting up a storefront and then getting people to visit it.

COOLORANGEFREEZE

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Calibre is free software to create ebooks. You have to find some other site through which to distribute/sell the books you create. You can put the ebook file you create anywhere you want, but if you plan to sell it through your own site, you're going to have to do all the work of setting up a storefront and then getting people to visit it.

Thanks, Amadan!

I built a basic site (just would need the PayPal and/or other purchase button). After doing more research I also found smashwords. They seem to convert to just about every format out there.