What is the best POD publisher? How do you get the word out on your book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psm0904

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not young enough to wait forever to get published the traditional way. I don't care if I make money or lose money. I'm a storyteller and I like readers to join my world :) Any suggestions on who to use?
Thanks! Oh, yeah. You can e-mail me too at [email protected]

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
psm, the simple and painful fact is that if you self-publish fiction, you are not going to get a lot of readers. Fiction self-publishing may work for you if you have a niche market, but niche markets are by definition small. The reason people go with commercial publishers is because that's what gets their work out to the largest number of readers.

If you self-publish, you not only have to write well and edit well, you have to learn how to run a business--you have to learn marketing, distribution, accounting, contract law, and so on. Sound like fun? Not to me. I'd rather spend the time writing. If it sounds great to you, go for it.

So, if you decide to self-publish, keep in mind that that decision will limit your readership and take time away from writing your next book while you run a business. Self-publishing is not easy, and it only works in certain circumstances. Take some time and read through the older threads in this forum, so you have an idea of what you're getting into, and which printers you might consider if you decide to do it. Good luck.

Epicman

I said What!?!?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cometogetherbooks.com
PSM - check out the Infinity thread over on the Bewares and Background checks board here. I was between Infinity and Diggory when I made my decision for Diggorypress.com

While there has been little experience with Diggory there are two of us here who have had great experiences with them. We have yet to hear a complaint - well in the thread I referred you to above you will see one who didnt like their web site. When you compare the costs for the services and especially the royalty percentages and the author prices I believe you may be the next Diggory author - just kidding - be wary and investigate. I continue to post my experiences on the above mentioned thread.

BTW - you will have your book listed on-line and in your hands before a month is over at Diggory - less than three weeks with mine. On bookfinder4u.com I am at 26 online vendors world-wide as of a few minutes ago.

Epicman
Glenn S. Hamilton
http://www.cometogetherbooks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.