Janet Evanovich, One for the Money

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.evanovich.com/qa/faq

What's going on with the One For the Money movie?
Katherine Heigl has been cast as Stephanie, Jason O'Mara as Joe Morelli and Daniel Sunjata as Ranger. In addition, they've added Sherri Shepard as Lula, Patrick Fischler as Vinnie and Cristina Aloe as Connie. The website iMDb reports that John Leguizamo has been cast as Jimmy Alpha, and Jack Erdie as Flat-Nosed Louis (a character not in the book). Janet sold the movie rights to
One For the Money in 1993, and has no involvement or influence in the making of the movie...casting, directing, the script, editing, etc. We have not heard about any other casting that has been done.

Heard some folks talking about this the other day. It's funny, they are adding a character that is not even in the book. :D I just hope they keep the humor in it.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I've read a handful of these books, and thought a movie had potential to be kind of fun. Not theater-going fun, but rent it from the $1 overnight kind of fun.

Sadly I am not all that impressed with the casting, so I'm losing interest. Sherri Shepard could be the right choice, though...

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
omg 2 things I've heard -

the directors/producers call lula a prostitute with a heart of gold. She's funny, but I doubt you'd say she's your typical prossie who's a sweet, innocent lady underneath.

I also heard that they're taking out the humour. Like what?!

I don't think they could have cast ranger or morelli so that everyone or a majority of fans would like them, but neither of them are my visualisations of those two.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Me either.....I mean...Ranger....sigh.....I just have such dreamy pictures in my head of him. Sigh.

If they take the humor out........then.....it won't be the Plum series.

Yeah....a good rental, but not if they kill off the fun parts.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
o_O

How can they even call it the same thing without the humor? That's part of what makes the series so great!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe they are going to take out the humour. I mean, the first one is pretty dark but no humour? Then it's just not Stephanie Plum.

I don't know any of the actors in it. Hold on, I'll go take a look....

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Arrrhhh! That is SO not Morelli! And the actress for Stephanie is too pretty and too thin!

Don't think I'll bother with this film.