Do you spend too much time on AW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyfan

Banned
Reaction score
Dio you think you think some people spend too much time on here, when perhaps they should be reading books or writing and chasing their dreams? I just find that I can't keep up with everything on here, and it seems to me that many people spend so much time here.

Reaction score
Does the Pope shit in the woods?

I show as online all day 'cause...well, I'm a writer. My laptop's switched on all day. It's hooked up to the internet. I write a few paragraphs, check my favourite threads, still get the work done.

I've been more productive in the past year or two than I have in my entire life before that time period, and my post count has shot right up so I don't think AW stops you writing if that's what you're determined to do.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dio you think you think some people spend too much time on here, when perhaps they should be reading books or writing and chasing their dreams? I just find that I can't keep up with everything on here, and it seems to me that many people spend so much time here.

Who says you need to keep up with everything? Just pick a few things that you enjoy and keep on top of those. That leaves plenty of time to do whatever you need and want to do. *shrug*

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
...when perhaps they should be reading books or writing and chasing their dreams? ...

So we should ONLY be reading or writing? (I gave up chasing my dreams long ago. Too tiring.)

Seems to me there's enough time in the day to do all three if you know how to balance things.

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
I probably do spend a lot of time on here, but I find it helps me get inspired to write on my MS. Whenever I'm getting a brain fart I can read some stuff on here and get the drive to start working again.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
If you think you're spending too much time on here, log off. The rest of us are free to decide how to spend our time. You know why? Because it's our time.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am way too busy to answer this question.

Reaction score
I prefer AW to the real world because I don't have to answer unless I want to. I can switch off, or log on. I can edit replies. I can ask advice, joke around with people.

Yeah, I guess you can do that in the real world, too. But at least online I can be completely selfish in the sense of ignoring a post until I feel ready to answer it, whereas in real life people get pissy if you walk away to make a cuppa, or read a few chapters of your book first.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess you can do that in the real world, too. But at least online I can be completely selfish in the sense of ignoring a post until I feel ready to answer it, whereas in real life people get pissy if you walk away to make a cuppa, or read a few chapters of your book first.
Real life needs an ignore button. Holy fuck does it ever.

NoGuessing

Buzz
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, my flat mates have long since learned that melodrama is met with the real life ignore button in the form of NoGuessing promptly closing himself in his room or going riding.

It really works.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer AW to the real world because I don't have to answer unless I want to. I can switch off, or log on. I can edit replies. I can ask advice, joke around with people.

You can also type up an angry, rude, pissed-off response, then immediately erase it if it's too inappropriate to post. Whereas in real life there's no delete button after you say something you really shouldn't have said out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.