Status
Not open for further replies.

CynV

The Original Cyn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CynthiaVespia.com
It's triple digit weather in most parts of the country but alas work must still be done even though I'm sure we'd all rather lay out at the pool or on a beach sipping Mai Tais.

So what has everyone's attention these days?

Currently I'm in the process of finishing up the third and final installment in my DEMON HUNTER series. It's got about halfway to go unless my characters get a mind of their own and take me down some random path I wasn't expecting...which is usually the case.

I'm also sending off queries to agents for my Las Vegas thriller.

And I'm preparing for the release of my paranormal thriller LIFE, DEATH, and BACK due out in November.

Lots of last minute details to look after, lots of balls in the air, all while trying to keep the rest of my life in order at the same time. Is cloning available to the public yet?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm querying my memoir and trying to get my pot plants to bud.

Ya did mention cloning :D

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
It's triple digit weather in most parts of the country but alas work must still be done even though I'm sure we'd all rather lay out at the pool or on a beach sipping Mai Tais.

It's in the 80s/90s here, but we've been spending plenty of time at the beach. :D Not usually sipping Mai Tais...usually snorkeling.

So what has everyone's attention these days?
I'm inching closer to the end of Reconstructing Meredith, which is the sequel to my BDSM novel, Light Switch. Hoping to finish it soon, because it's seriously draining me mentally and emotionally. This is easily the darkest book I've ever written.

Also waiting to hear back on three submissions (one novella, two novels), as well as edits on a novel and novella that are due out in September and October, respectively.

Definitely keeping busy. :D

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Cloning is too pricey. Go old fashioned and have an egg meet a sperm. Actually, for all the time and money you'd go through, just wait until cloning is cheap.

Right now I'm working on my first novel Blood Like Wolves. It is a novel about a female werewolf who hates that her brother treats his family like a disease to be cured, until she accidentally infects a human girl. It's slow going and le hard. I think even when it's done I will have to make major revisions.

Last edited:

Kateness

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kateness.wordpress.com
I'm struggling through editing my SF/dystopia Burning Eden. I finished it in early May. I'm not quite finished editing the first of four parts. Editing is the bane of my existence, yet I think this is a really salable novel, with a good concept, and I've even got a passable query. It just needs to be brought up to, y'know, top notch and all.

I've also started writing my first novel length m/m erotica. I'm positive it's going to go badly.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Watering flowers, reading up on Asian philosophies and religions, getting ready for Starcraft 2, writing a short story for the Blizzard writing contest, wondering if a spider is going to crawl in one of my ears some day, playing Dragon Age: Origins, sleeping through breakfast, trying to make some sort of daily schedule, forgetting lunch, and mulling over multiple plot ideas, some WIP, others still aether.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Getting into new job with odd shifts that leave me cream crackered. I should not be hoisting beer around, I should be drinking it...Waiting for edits for pirate novel, sorting promo for different red-hot pirate story due out in September(I think I've got pirates out of my system. For now). Writing a fantasy that gets darker every time I look at it. Looking forward to the kids being off school for six weeks as of this afternoon...I think. Trying to decide what our edumacational visit will be this year. Did the Tower of London last year. It was fab.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Wrapping up my first book, preparing the submission package.
Sorting out topics and posts so I can launch my blog.
Looking for a summer job.
Looking at universities for next year, abroad.

:)

C.M.C.

Archetype
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm working on things that aren't books. There's only so much time for all of these projects....

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a new novel (almost 10K words in). I'm also querying my last novel and the one before it (have 2 fulls out on one, and one full out on the other).

I start a brand new, shiny job on Monday, so the writing will probably go out the window for several weeks while I stress about learning a bunch of new stuff.

C.T. Richmond

Sloths are awesome
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carolinetrichmond.com
I'm working on a few things...

Revising my MG novel for my agent. Ugh, I usually love editing but this round of revisions is kicking my ass.

Sorting through boxes after my recent move from NC to DC.

Planning my itinerary for a trip to New York later this summer!

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I did have multiple projects going on and then out of the blue a historical romance tromped in and took over. Now I eat sleep and breath this story. The research is difficult and it's slow going because this story demands to be told right. Everything about it is like swimming up stream and yet I cannot write anything else. If I get on the internet I find myself researching, if I have a pen I find myself jotting notes down or story parts but only for this one. Any story thoughts are completely devoted to this story.

It's all very new but this story is amazing imo even though I didn't get a choice in the matter. It chose me and it took over. I have no idea how long this is going to take, but I'm willing to give it as long as it needs.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Our weather has been odd. Rainy mornings, clouds burning off by mid-day with warm afternoons, and spectacularly mild nights. I'm spending most of my nights roaming my town with my friends, usually the waterfront part of town where all the crazies hang out.

During the day, when I'm not at work, I'm in the local library working like mad on my lit novel, about a young Mormon woman who eventually becomes an atheist and also has an affair with a total hottie. It's kind of a road trip novel centering around the Western States. It's an excuse to write about three of my favorite subjects all at once: Road-tripping around the Western States, atheism, and total hotties.

When I AM at work, whenever the animals let me steal a little time I'm jotting poetry into my Moleskine. It fits perfectly into one of the pockets of my Carhartts. It's only a matter of time before the Moleskine gets pooped on, or before I trip while wading around the marsh exhibit and my sexy assless waders fill up with water, obliterating everything in said Moleskine. I should start remembering to take that thing out of my pocket before I go into the marsh.

Reaction score
Or weather's been mercurial (bo! Didja see whut ah did thur)? And there's no way I'd want to be out sunbathing when it's hot. Skin cancer is not attractive.

I'm currently working on a synopsis for my vampire novella, after which comes the query email. I hope to have it on sub by the end of the week.

I also have two novels on sub, which I can't do anything about now they're out there, so it's a case of, to quote aadams73, "Hurry up and wait."

Once my vampvella's out there I'll go back to a story I started a month or so ago then abandoned to work on editing and revising other projects. I think it's a short novel (around 45k words?) but we'll wait and see. It depends what the MCs dictate.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
It's been very hot in Sweden lately, which means I've retreated to my second bedroom that has a whole house between itself and the sun. Still hot, though.

I've got two books doing the rounds. One is with an agent that asked for a lot of revisions, which I've done, and now I'm just waiting for the agent to get back to me about it with an answer. The other was sent a week a go, or so, but no word at all. It's vacation time, though, so everything should go very slow now.

I'm drafting a book called 'As if', and outlining a couple of things so I'll have something to do when the drafting is done.

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
Praying that August the 24th would hurry and get here so I can go back to school.

Oh yea, and there's that "novel" thing I'm working on...

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
Soooo close to being done done with my novel. Giving it the final spit and polish and hope to start querying it early next week!

Nicole

imsleepy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm "beating the heat," as they say, but staying in my nice cool house and writing. What am I writing, you ask? Several different things, none of them my WIP. I deeply envy those of you with the drive to push forward, unlike my wandering back and forth between stories. At this rate, I'll never publish a book until I'm 90, and then I'll publish ten books at once!

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Hiding out in my brother's house in the middle of the countryside while he's stateside so I can work on my WIP, easily my favorite of anything I've worked on so far.

More chapters for SOA arrived from my editor today so I need to get to them asap too.

Fitting in sleep at some point would be nice too.

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I finished a middle grade novel last week that's been with betas (been doing tiny edits here and there on it). I've got another novel I need to work on but this week has just been hell so haven't done anything. Maybe this weekend I'll feel super productive and do stuff. The WIP needs massive restructuring (thankfully I'm only 10k in and at least some of the material is usable).

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in Texas, where July's suppose to be hot, licking my wounds from my latest rejection. Not really, I've grown accustomed to such...but dang it, I thought this submit would fly. Good valuable edit feedback this time, though. In the meantime, I'll continue with my WIP crime manuscript.

CynV

The Original Cyn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CynthiaVespia.com
Sounds like everyone is getting caught by that four letter word...WORK, and not the good, fun kind...the necessary, 9 to 5, pay your bills kind.

Hey Wayne, when those buds come in will you be sharing? ;)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm querying my memoir and trying to get my pot plants to bud.

Ya did mention cloning :D

Now I'm working on the proposal. I got 4 requests in two days.

The query process has been berry berry good to me

ETA: The plants are slower than agents and editors :D

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Weather is warm but very wet for Edmonton. I've been working on an techno epic and a Canadian Gothic epyllion - and a smattering of whatever poetry that comes across my head. I also have a challenge short (prose) that I've been puttering on.

Status
Not open for further replies.