The Future of Book Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch.
I can see that happening though, and honestly, more than one book is probably necessary before anyone really knows you.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I'd rather stick to virtual blog tours instead of book signings. At least in the beginning or if I have a huge publisher arranging it. I think the one commenter who said that his sales have probably improved since he posted the vid might be right, and it did take guts to post it like that.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, that is gonna be me that is. Poor guy. But at least he's getting more sales now the youtube song is a hit. :D

Ineti

Purveyor of Prose
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

Here is a You Tube video on the future of books signings. Has this ever happened to any of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZoJ5OKmEJY

Haha, some of my writing groups got that link and enjoyed it because it's largely true. A fellow writer and I were at a sci-fi convention and we were sitting next to Peter David and Keith DeCandido. We had a couple short stories each and those two guys had their dozens of novels and other publishing endeavors, so it was an amusing experience. Gotta roll with it.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
That video surely sold at least another 5000 books, considering it has around 45000 views and counting.

This video has to be shown to everyone who tries to quit.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
I took it at the juxtaposition of parody and truth. After all, I've heard of writers showing up for signing and having nobody but friends and family there. Yet, this guys shows a sense of humor making such a creative video.

I like it. I want to know who this guy is and read a few of his books!

Status
Not open for further replies.